Ok, I need a pro opinion here...

bobblehead

I didn't see that, but I DID see:

* Lawyer Milloy miss 3 key tackles.

* Jerry Gray's prevent "stragegy" almost lose the game for us. We got LUCKY with that marginal fumble. Did anyone doubt that they were about to score and steal it 21-20?

* The offense literally refuse to make adjustments at halftime. We haven't scored a TD in the 2nd half for a reason. What I'm seeing is an offensive philosophy that this team is going to play conservative ball - calling plays like running mcgahee straight ahead into a 9 man box when Moulds has an easy 8 yards on a swing pass. Bulletin: We're not GOOD ENOUGH to run an offense that's founded on winning in the trenches.

* Mularkey/Clements continued failure to get our receivers running and catching passes in spots, running skinnies and seams and in-routes, and a bewildering lack of deep passes when we have guys that are built for that task.

I hate to bring this up, but it's no mistake that Drew is a top 5 statistical performer so far. They're crafting an offense around what he does well, and it's working. Mularkey put Drew into his stubborn Pittsburgh offense, which was not utilizing his strenghts nor protecting against his many shortcomings. I believe he wasn't putting the team in the best position to be successful. On top of that, the protection that Drew is getting in Dallas should serve as a direct slam on our personnel team's assemblage of offensive linemen. He's had enough time to butter his toast back there. Again, the smartest coaches will always be winners in this game. They know how to scheme, plan, prepare, and exploit.

I'm not at all convinced that we have that. Mularkey has a LOT to prove.

Yea, we won the game. Whoop de doo. I've never felt more disappointed after a win than I do right now. Cuz I know this team, both offense and defense (I still think our ST is the absolute BEST in the league), will not get very far using the strategies they've employed thus far.

Again, Mularkey wants to be a methodical, chip away at the defense type of team. WE DON'T HAVE THE LINEMEN nor the depth to win that way with any consistency. This team will only have a chance if they scheme to always catch defenses off guard. It's going to require smoke and mirrors and gadgets to get it done. Mularkey is supposed to have his pockets full of these but we don't often see them because he believes he can win using vanilla strategy. I don't think he's right. And I'm not impressed by Tom Clements as a playcaller, either. I was more impressed by the game that Linehan called.

Yep, I'm whining post-win. Consider it a diatribe in advance of the outcoaching we're going to witness as we fall to 8-8 this season.

Prove me wrong, Mike. Prove me wrong. I'd love you for it.

* Jerry Gray's prevent "stragegy" almost lose the game for us. We got LUCKY with that marginal fumble. Did anyone doubt that they were about to score and steal it 21-20?

* The offense literally refuse to make adjustments at halftime. We haven't scored a TD in the 2nd half for a reason. What I'm seeing is an offensive philosophy that this team is going to play conservative ball - calling plays like running mcgahee straight ahead into a 9 man box when Moulds has an easy 8 yards on a swing pass. Bulletin: We're not GOOD ENOUGH to run an offense that's founded on winning in the trenches.

* Mularkey/Clements continued failure to get our receivers running and catching passes in spots, running skinnies and seams and in-routes, and a bewildering lack of deep passes when we have guys that are built for that task.

I hate to bring this up, but it's no mistake that Drew is a top 5 statistical performer so far. They're crafting an offense around what he does well, and it's working. Mularkey put Drew into his stubborn Pittsburgh offense, which was not utilizing his strenghts nor protecting against his many shortcomings. I believe he wasn't putting the team in the best position to be successful. On top of that, the protection that Drew is getting in Dallas should serve as a direct slam on our personnel team's assemblage of offensive linemen. He's had enough time to butter his toast back there. Again, the smartest coaches will always be winners in this game. They know how to scheme, plan, prepare, and exploit.

Yea, we won the game. Whoop de doo. I've never felt more disappointed after a win than I do right now. Cuz I know this team, both offense and defense (I still think our ST is the absolute BEST in the league), will not get very far using the strategies they've employed thus far.

Again, Mularkey wants to be a methodical, chip away at the defense type of team. WE DON'T HAVE THE LINEMEN nor the depth to win that way with any consistency. This team will only have a chance if they scheme to always catch defenses off guard. It's going to require smoke and mirrors and gadgets to get it done. Mularkey is supposed to have his pockets full of these but we don't often see them because he believes he can win using vanilla strategy. I don't think he's right. And I'm not impressed by Tom Clements as a playcaller, either. I was more impressed by the game that Linehan called.

Yep, I'm whining post-win. Consider it a diatribe in advance of the outcoaching we're going to witness as we fall to 8-8 this season.

471057[/snapback]

Hit it on the head this offense stinks and the head coach and OC arent designing a game plan to win. McNally is also not proving to be this genious of an OL coach since this OL, yes its banged up, doesnt seem ti grasp the basics of proper pass blocking.

471057[/snapback]

Great post and right on.

471057[/snapback]

Both safeties have given up huge chunks of yardage in those losses when passes were made over the middle. Have they both lost a step?

Fez and I have been pointing out the detriment that is the O line but get treated like children for bringing it up. Willis got fed up with it too. Coaching can only go so far.