Bills receivers overrated?

Bob Lablaw

If you want to be an NFL powerhouse, here is the priority list:

OL

DL

LB

QB

Punter

Db's wr's and rb's are a dime a dozen. Your good OL and QB will make miracle men out of any receiver or back with two working legs. Your good DL and LB's will make the db's masters of theft. Your punter keeps your fanny in the game.

The Bills used to appreciate such and were successful.

Miserable business management these days...

466313[/snapback]

I'm tired of shouting it from the mountaintop.

So are you saying there are more than 8 teams in the league who wouldn't take those three over the three they currently have?

466308[/snapback]

I will ignore Reed, as his type are a dime a dozen, and focus on the big two.

Bengals: Johnson and Sneezy are better

Broncos: Lelie and Smith are better (slightly)

Colts: obviously better

Raiders: obviously better

Lions: the young guns are better

Eagles: Just having one TO makes them better

Rams: better

Cardinals: I'd take Boldin and Fitz

That's 8. I left out several borderline teams. I'd take Andre Johnson and anyone else over our two, but Corey Bradford is such a dud that I decided against listing the Texans. Plaxico and Toomer are about = to the Bills duo, and maybe better as Plax has stellar upside where Evans may be limited because he's a downfield WR- and a small one at that.The Giants wouldn't take that trade either way. The Saints wouldn't like move Stallworth and Horn for Moulds/Evans.

I'm tired of shouting it from the mountaintop.

466323[/snapback]

For many years.

I recall some time ago somebody observing that the Bills won because they were an astute business, top to bottom (I have no "link". I swear, if I simply opined that it would be a lovely sunrise tomorrow, many of of today's folks would be screaming Liar! Liar! Where's the Link!!! Gimmie some 3rd party proof that the Sun will rise tomorrow!!! You want to hurt me!!! I will sue!!!). :D

I know Moulds can't catch a ball that lands 10 feet in front of him, but could part of JPs problem be that the Bills' receivers are not that good.

The Bills have NO tight end.

The coaching staff thinks so little of McGahee's hands that he's out on 3rd downs.

Moulds never had soft hands, and maybe his speed is on the decline.

Evans played well last year, but now that teams know about him, is he a little easier to handle? Just play a safety over the top and the deep routes are gone.

That Reed is the Bills No. 1 WR says something about how bad the Bills WRs might be.

466186[/snapback]

It's not our wide receivers that's the problem. We need to focus more on our OL, which at this point needs improvement.

I will ignore Reed, as his type are a dime a dozen, and focus on the big two. 

Bengals: Johnson and Sneezy are better

Broncos: Lelie and Smith are better (slightly)

Colts: obviously better

Raiders: obviously better

Lions: the young guns are better

Eagles: Just having one TO makes them better

Rams: better

Cardinals: I'd take Boldin and Fitz

That's 8. I left out several borderline teams. I'd take Andre Johnson and anyone else over our two, but Corey Bradford is such a dud that I decided against listing the Texans.  Plaxico and Toomer are about = to the Bills duo, and maybe better as Plax has stellar upside where Evans may be limited because he's a downfield WR- and a small one at that.The Giants wouldn't take that trade either way. The Saints wouldn't like move Stallworth and Horn for Moulds/Evans.

466335[/snapback]

Uhmmmm-- you havent given Evans a chance.What more was he supposed to do last year?? Whta can he do this year with a QB who cant get him the ball??

OL

DL

LB

QB

Punter

Db's wr's and rb's are a dime a dozen. Your good OL and QB will make miracle men out of any receiver or back with two working legs. Your good DL and LB's will make the db's masters of theft. Your punter keeps your fanny in the game.

466313[/snapback]

so right

OL

DL

LB

QB

Punter

466313[/snapback]

Oh so right you are just look at the latest miracle find at rb for the steelers Mr willie parker everyone thinks he's the latest greatest find. When you have an OL like the steelers all you need is a quick back that can hit the hole and hold onto the ball . Same goes with big ben and his rapid success last year , top rated QB this year passing a whopping 12 passes per game...Heres hoping the chargers run up the score early and lets see whats real next monday night ..........