The pressure is on your squad Puhonix!!!

It's true. The Fins have made a power move to the front of a (surprisingly) mediocre division. Now they face a sad Bills team up north on our turf. The pressure will be on Miami (well rested coming off a bye) to beat a Buffalo team which has shown no sign of even attempting to win in the last three weeks.

Beware Puhonix! The Bills always have been able to rise up for the Dolphins (exception: 1970-79). And the man who loved this rivalry more than anyone else, Thurman Thomas, goes on the Ralph Wilson Stadium Wall of Fame Sunday-- I hope he comes in the locker room and lets the Bills know the importance that these games used to carry.

Only two regrets for this game:

1) I wish it was December. There's something about seeing the Dolphins in their gay teal parkas fighting for space on the heated benches.

2) I wish Ricky was playing. When I first saw the schedule, I saw the 5th game against Miami, and I figured it would be his first game back from the 4 game weed suspension. I would have loved to see the signs and "props" brought in to the stadium if it was his first game. Plus I'm kinda scared of Ronnie Brown.

Here's to the Bills pulling one out! Play well and win- Come on AFC East!!! Play like the last 3 and lose- Come on April Draft!!!

It's true.  The Fins have made a power move to the front of a (surprisingly) mediocre division.  Now they face a sad Bills team up north on our turf.  The pressure will be on Miami (well rested coming off a bye) to beat a Buffalo team which has shown no sign of even attempting to win in the last three weeks.

Beware Puhonix!  The Bills always have been able to rise up for the Dolphins (exception: 1970-79).  And the man who loved this rivalry more than anyone else, Thurman Thomas, goes on the Ralph Wilson Stadium Wall of Fame Sunday-- I hope he comes in the locker room and lets the Bills know the importance that these games used to carry.

1) I wish it was December.  There's something about seeing the Dolphins in their gay teal parkas fighting for space on the heated benches.

2) I wish Ricky was playing.  When I first saw the schedule, I saw the 5th game against Miami, and I figured it would be his first game back from the 4 game weed suspension.  I would have loved to see the signs and "props" brought in to the stadium if it was his first game.  Plus I'm kinda scared of Ronnie Brown.

Here's to the Bills pulling one out!  Play well and win- Come on AFC East!!!  Play like the last 3 and lose- Come on April Draft!!!

463148[/snapback]

LOL @ (exception: 1970-79).

Ouch! :lol:

Do you really htink the pressure is on the phins? They have nothing to prove - nothing was expected, so they lay it all out week in and week out. The Bills have 100X the pressure on them as there were lofty goals in place...

As for the bravado of "Bring us Ricky..." - For what, to have him and ronnie run up 250 yards on us?

Do you really htink the pressure is on the phins?  They have nothing to prove - nothing was expected, so they lay it all out week in and week out.  The Bills have 100X the pressure on them as there were lofty goals in place...

As for the bravado of "Bring us Ricky..." - For what, to have him and ronnie run up 250 yards on us?

463164[/snapback]

eternal pessimist.....

Do you really htink the pressure is on the phins?  They have nothing to prove - nothing was expected, so they lay it all out week in and week out.  The Bills have 100X the pressure on them as there were lofty goals in place...

463164[/snapback]

I think the Bills lofty goals, which may have been misguided to begin with, are now out the window. They are 1-3 with the "easy" part of their schedule about to come to an end. Is this team going to go 9-3 the rest of the way and make the playoffs? Never say never, but right now, you'd have to say no.

One of my fondest memories is Ricky running for 225 and the Bills still thashing Miami in the snow. It's not really bravado, I just wanted to hear the crowd and read the signs at Ricky's first game back. I guess football-wise, it's better he's not playing, but I was judging solely on the entertainment value.

It's true.  The Fins have made a power move to the front of a (surprisingly) mediocre division.  Now they face a sad Bills team up north on our turf.  The pressure will be on Miami (well rested coming off a bye) to beat a Buffalo team which has shown no sign of even attempting to win in the last three weeks.

Beware Puhonix!  The Bills always have been able to rise up for the Dolphins (exception: 1970-79).  And the man who loved this rivalry more than anyone else, Thurman Thomas, goes on the Ralph Wilson Stadium Wall of Fame Sunday-- I hope he comes in the locker room and lets the Bills know the importance that these games used to carry.

1) I wish it was December.  There's something about seeing the Dolphins in their gay teal parkas fighting for space on the heated benches.

2) I wish Ricky was playing.  When I first saw the schedule, I saw the 5th game against Miami, and I figured it would be his first game back from the 4 game weed suspension.  I would have loved to see the signs and "props" brought in to the stadium if it was his first game.  Plus I'm kinda scared of Ronnie Brown.

463148[/snapback]

Wow, I've been called it. I kinda dig it.

Ronnie Brown is still growing. I'd fear him more in that later match up than this week. that being said, he's coming off his first 100 yd game, and his first TD. Maybe the taste is fresh and he'll run for more. I never thought this new rushing attack would be a threat against Buffalo, but the way your D is playing, I'm looking forward to it. The big fear you should have is... well... Gus Frerotte. He's been accurate and mistake free for most of the season. If he gets time to throw, look out. It will be interesting how the D lines up with the receivers.

Our D should scare poor JP. And I won't be shocked IF Holcomb gets the start, simply because I dont trust Mularky will stick with JP. But I think QB inaccuracies will probably lead the phins to some quick turnovers and short fields.

Im excited, should be a good one. Like I said somewhere else, I dont know who will be favored, but I guess home field gives it to the bills.

Im excited, should be a good one. Like I said somewhere else, I dont know who will be favored, but I guess home field gives it to the bills.

463213[/snapback]

Right you are. From today's Buffalo News:

Sunday

Favorite  Line    Underdog

@Buffalo 2.5 (33) Miami

@Cleveland 3 (35) Chicago

@Green Bay OFF New Orleans

@N.Y. Jets OFF Tampa Bay

@St. Louis 3 (48) Seattle

@Atlanta OFF New England

@Detroit 2 (33) Baltimore

@Houston 2.5 (40.5) Tennessee

@San Francisco OFF Indianapolis

@Arizona OFF Carolina

Philadelphia 3.5 (44) @Dallas

@Denver 7 (34.5) Washington

@Jacksonville 3 (38) Cincinnati

Next Monday

@San Diego 3 (44.5) Pittsburgh

Hard to say what's going to happen here...I'd assume more of the money will be on the Miami side. The Bills were 2.5 favorites against Saints in the opening line, and by Sunday it was a Pick'em or the Bills were a 1 point dog.

How about Houston favored this week??? Titans suck.

Right you are.  From today's Buffalo News:

Hard to say what's going to happen here...I'd assume more of the money will be on the Miami side.  The Bills were 2.5 favorites against Saints in the opening line, and by Sunday it was a Pick'em or the Bills were a 1 point dog.

How about Houston favored this week???  Titans suck.

463289[/snapback]

With Pendry in charge of the offense the Texans showed enough improvement to make them a favorite. Or like you said the Titans suck

Since hes (puhonix) watching the game with our Bills backers this weekend...i will be selling my services for this weekend's game to anyone on the board who wants to abuse a felons fan (or see one get abused)...

smack puhonix upside the head - 1 beer

kidney shot to puhonix- 2 beers

elbow to the gut - 3 beers

hit him with a chair - 4 beers

kick him in the groin - 6 pack of beer

key his car/let air out of his tires - 12 pack of beer

break a bottle over his head - case of beer plus 1 (for the bottle)

beat him and piss on his dolphins jersey - 1/2 keg beer

beat him and piss on his jersey while he's still wearing it - keg

1 beer = labatts or molson or something of equal quality

1/2 beer = bud or anything of lesser quality

*natty ice, asshouse or beast will not be accepted

**attempting to pay with any beer with the word "light" or "low carb" in it earns you an azz beating...

Since hes (puhonix) watching the game with our Bills backers this weekend...i will be selling my services for this weekend's game to anyone on the board who wants to abuse a felons fan (or see one get abused)...

smack puhonix upside the head - 1 beer

kidney shot to puhonix- 2 beers

elbow to the gut - 3 beers

hit him with a chair - 4 beers

kick him in the groin - 6 pack of beer

key his car/let air out of his tires - 12 pack of beer

break a bottle over his head - case of beer plus 1 (for the bottle)

beat him and piss on his dolphins jersey - 1/2 keg beer

beat him and piss on his jersey while he's still wearing it - keg

1 beer = labatts or molson or something of equal quality

1/2 beer = bud or anything of lesser quality

*natty ice, asshouse or beast will not be accepted

**attempting to pay with any beer with the word "light" or "low carb" in it earns you an azz beating...

463314[/snapback]

:blink::):lol:

I think I might have to throw this contest and split the spoils with Ramius. Can we make sure that everyone understands that Yuengling is an accepted form of payment as well.

With Miami coming off the bye and the Bills coming off a tough, tough loss I think the ball is Miami's court emotionally.

I think the big key to this game is going to be who is covering McMichael. I think we all know we are going to see a healthy dose of the running game from Miami and if they get it established you are going to see a ton of play action. If Posey covers McMichael we are in trouble. If Milloy or Vincent covers him it's going to open up Chambers to have a big game.

So, the key, as always for the Bills will be to shut down the running game.

I'm not even going to bother commenting on the Bills O, other than they need to get the ball to McGahee 30-35 times.

Now that the bridge jumpers are done for the week, and the diehards are still here, what does everyone else think of the matchup this weekend?

464299[/snapback]

I have to give the Bills staff the benefit of the doubt and assume that they realize they drastically under-used McGahee vs. the Saints. I will also assume that this will not happen again this Sunday. However, you never know with these guys (ex: A 25-yard run followed by a poorly-planned flea flicker :) )

I admit, much of my optimism has been crushed. And I have not seen the Dolphins play yet this year, so my predictions are all speculation (and bias.)

Back when this game mattered, Kelly's Bills owned Marino's Fins. Channeling that spirit, I'm going to force myself to believe that the Bills rise up and play their best game of the year. Gus throws two picks and fumbles once. Ronnie Brown is decent- 21 carries for 87 yds and a TD. McGahee is the best player on the field, going 27 for 123 and 2 TD's. And JP, ohhh JP, we just want an average game. That's all we're asking. Losman 14-26 for 152 with a TD and a pick.

On Thurman Thomas Day at the Ralph, 24-14 Bills win.

In most divisional games involving 2 teams with relatively similar talent, the pressure is normally on the home team. Especially since a Fins loss may still keep them in first at 2-2, while a Bills loss will put us at 1-4 and pretty much end the season (when you realistically look at our difficult remaining schedule). So...no, the pressure isn't on Team Puhonix; it's on our Bumbling Bills.