Alamodome observations

ajflutie

1 - one of the loudest games i have ever been to (since the rockpile days). Coaches should have had JP call timout at least once in the first or 2nd qtr - he is way too hyped and the noise did not help. once it became apparent the noise was a factor, Saints players tuned the crowd up anytime it needed it.

2 - the first drive - 50% run to WM. Next 10 drives, like 1 run per drive. Simply stupid coaching. When Willis gets to 30 rushes after 45 plays, and if you are losing, start throwing. Until 30, keep trying. He will break one. (or 2) And all those that say we do run etc, you need to KEEP running after the first run, no law against calling 2 in a row! We run for 5 then get sacked and then an incompletion. Run run run.

3 - Moulds needs to stop acting all pissy and f ing dive for a ball. Either help the kid out or sit and let Smith play. Honestly.

4 - There is no such thing as a spark. At least with Holcomb. We were down 6 pts. Either let the kid play or dont. I vote let him play. We need quick look passes to our WRs. Then a draw (not once yesterday). A screen. And JP needs better accuracy. But bringing KH in is NOT the answer. And when you do sit JP, MM or Sam W or SOMEONE has to talk to the kid, not make him sit alone like a timeout to a little kid. You are killing the kid mentally. Moulds or even London some vet needs to put an arm around him and keep him or we will have another Leaf.

5 - going for it with 11 min left in the 4th was stupid. It looked like 2 yards to me and you had a chance to play field position with lotsa time left and only down 6 pts. Oh wait, he must know his defense better then me. And then punting with 5 min left? whats up MM?????

6 - Ah the defense. Sit Posey. Lawyer is alot of show but not much action. Clements and Mcgee are for real. Anderson didnt look any worse then Edwardx. They blitz alot but dont get there and the dump offs are killing us. 3rd down efficiency is a joke.

7 - penalties - twice yesterday they threw flags at what I would call normal action - Moulds blocking for McGahee in the 4th - just running and pushing like normal, and 2- Clements hands to the face - just both players smacking eachother and pushing. Why do we get called at such inoportune times? Kelsey got clipped so bad on a play in the 4th I thought his back would be broken. No call. Honestly, do the players piss of the refs?

All in all a pitiful performance. London Fletcher is a true player who loves the game. No one else appeared real excited. I'm very disappointed but you have to let JP play and draft some lineman (OL and DL). We will be lucky to go 6-10 this year.

bummed in houston

1 - one of the loudest games i have ever been to (since the rockpile days).  Coaches should have had JP call timout at least once in the first or 2nd qtr -  he is way too hyped and the noise did not help.  once it became apparent the noise was a factor, Saints players tuned the crowd up anytime it needed it. 

2 - the first drive - 50% run to WM.  Next 10 drives, like 1 run per drive.  Simply stupid coaching.  When Willis gets to 30 rushes after 45 plays, and if you are losing, start throwing.  Until 30, keep trying.  He will break one.  (or 2) And all those that say we do run etc,  you need to KEEP running after the first run, no law against calling 2 in a row!  We run for 5 then get sacked and then an incompletion.  Run run run. 

3 - Moulds needs to stop acting all pissy and f ing dive for a ball.  Either help the kid out or sit and let Smith play.  Honestly.

4 - There is no such thing as a spark.  At least with Holcomb.  We were down 6 pts.  Either let the kid play or dont.  I vote let him play.  We need quick look passes to our WRs.  Then a draw (not once yesterday).  A screen.  And JP needs better accuracy.  But bringing KH in is NOT the answer.    And when you do sit JP, MM or Sam W or SOMEONE has to talk to the kid, not make him sit alone like a timeout to a little kid.  You are killing the kid mentally.  Moulds or even London some vet needs to put an arm around him and keep him or we will have another Leaf. 

5 - going for it with 11 min left in the 4th was stupid.  It looked like 2 yards to me and you had a chance to play field position with lotsa time left and only down 6 pts.  Oh wait, he must know his defense better then me.  And then punting with 5 min left?  whats up MM?????

6 - Ah the defense.  Sit Posey.  Lawyer is alot of show but not much action.  Clements and Mcgee are for real.  Anderson didnt look any worse then Edwardx.  They blitz alot but dont get there and the dump offs are killing us.  3rd down efficiency is a joke.

7 - penalties  - twice yesterday they threw flags at what I would call normal action - Moulds blocking for McGahee in the 4th - just running and pushing like normal, and 2- Clements hands to the face - just both players smacking eachother and pushing.  Why do we get called at such inoportune times?  Kelsey got clipped so bad on a play in the 4th I thought his back would be broken.  No call.  Honestly, do the players piss of the refs? 

All in all a pitiful performance.  London Fletcher is a true player who loves the game.  No one else appeared real excited.  I'm very disappointed but you have to let JP play and draft some lineman (OL and DL).  We will be lucky to go 6-10 this year.

bummed in houston

462607[/snapback]

I agree, that dimly lit tin can of a dome was incredible loud, before the game, when 5-10 thousand were in their seats and the Saints came out to warm up it was loud. The Bills performance made the ride from Houston a waste of time, the only saving grace of the day was the awesome jerky at the stop in Giddings.

Actually, we did run at least one draw; it looked ugly, but Shaud got a bunch of yards on it.

CW

462674[/snapback]

We ran two draws yesterday, and both gained decent yards. (But why let that get in a way of a good rant?)