Why does Mularky refuse to stick with the run?

McGahee averaged 5.25 yards a carry. He averaged more than that last week.

I am completely lost as to what the reasoning behind not running him is. 21 passes in the game. 22 runs. How does that make sense? I mean, I know none of us are head coaches, but how can it be SO FRIGGING OBVIOUS what we have to do to win, and the head coach just doesn't do it?!?!!?

Run him 30 times this week, we win. Simple as that. WHAT IS MULARKEY DOING?

Because if you can't pass ..... and the opponent KNOWS you can't pass, you end up going 3rd down and a foot, and then 4th down and a foot, then turn the ball over on downs.

We've got to be able to pass at least once in a while.

Because if you can't pass ..... and the opponent KNOWS you can't pass, you end up going 3rd down and a foot, and then 4th down and a foot, then turn the ball over on downs.

We've got to be able to pass at least once in a while.

462152[/snapback]

Well, I think a simple QB sneak would have been the effective play call in both situations, as opposed to calling something that would take time to develop.

Well, I think a simple QB sneak would have been the effective play call in both situations, as opposed to calling something that would take time to develop.

462170[/snapback]

Except last week we called it and JP tripped on a spiderweb.

But I agree one of those two should have been a sneak. Plus if they knew we were going on 4th then we should have play actioned or naked booted JP.

McGahee averaged 5.25 yards a carry. He averaged more than that last week.

I am completely lost as to what the reasoning behind not running him is. 21 passes in the game. 22 runs. How does that make sense? I mean, I know none of us are head coaches, but how can it be SO FRIGGING OBVIOUS what we have to do to win, and the head coach just doesn't do it?!?!!?

Run him 30 times this week, we win. Simple as that.  WHAT IS MULARKEY DOING?

462127[/snapback]

He is establishing the run so that Losman is facing a defense looking to stop the run first. That is the best position for him to be in if you want him to develop as a QB. If you don't care about developing him and all you want is somebody to hand off to WM, you might as well have kept Bledsoe.