Long rambling of thoughts and ?s

This team had a supposed chip on their shoulder from the last game of the season last year. The coaching staff preached to start the season fast. Is winning your first game the definition of starting fast. I guess since we were 0-4 last year this is a fast start. We are not a smart team coaches included. First of all can someone do some research and find out how many times we have started a drive this season with a penalty or any sort of negative play. With a young QB you cant shoot yourself in the foot and have 1st and long and then usually that translates to 2nd and long, third and long, and punt. McGahee starts off the game with a 20 some yard run and then he touches it 7 more time in the half. He should touch the ball atleast 25-30 times a game. Is it just me or can other teams get 5 yards passing with ease. Everything we throw is to the outside and after 4 games that seems to have worked real well. Do we run any quick slants or crossing routes or anything short across the middle? Holcomb is no better than Losman. Keep Losman in every second of every game and let him take his lumps. The Saints do not have Joe Horn this game you figure we woulld be alright in the secondary. Instead we has the ubelieveable ability to let teams convert numerous third downs. Do we have a 4 man pass rush? I think sometimes Brooks got tired of looking for receivers and just threw it away. I think he was thinking this is the NFL, I should not have this much time to look at every receiver 3 or 4 times. He should have ran more, Brooks could have easily rushed a ton of yards. Lastly we are lack things like heart, intensity. It just seems like we lack a desire. We have no "want to." This is evidentby the fact that on 4th down plays in consecutive weeks lose probably 5 yards. Everyone in the bar was cheering Mularkey when he decided to go for it and I said to my G/F do they not remeber our 4th down play last week? 5 seconds later and it is the Saints ball, we fail to convert surprise surprise. Then with less than 5 minutes left down by 9 we decied to punt????? When the defense knows it is coming and we know it is coming it is no more than man on man who wants it more, who is going to refuse to lose? I think the team expects to lose road games and if we win it is justan added inscentive. Kickoff return at the end of the half was disgusting anyone who witnessed probably lacks the words to describe whatever that was. Finally what player from USC should we take in the top ten.

This team had a supposed chip on their shoulder from the last game of the season last year.  The coaching staff preached to start the season fast.  Is winning your first game the definition of starting fast.  I guess since we were 0-4 last year this is a fast start.  We are not a smart team coaches included. First of all can someone do some research and find out how many times we have started a drive this season with a penalty or any sort of negative play.  With a young QB you cant shoot yourself in the foot and have 1st and long and then usually that translates to 2nd and long, third and long, and punt.  McGahee starts off the game with a 20 some yard run and then he touches it 7 more time in the half.  He should touch the ball atleast 25-30 times a game.  Is it just me or can other teams get 5 yards passing with ease. Everything we throw is to the outside and after 4 games that seems to have worked real well. Do we run any quick slants or crossing routes or anything short across the middle?  Holcomb is no better than Losman.  Keep Losman in every second of every game and let him take his lumps.  The Saints do not have Joe Horn this game you figure we woulld be alright in the secondary. Instead we has the ubelieveable ability to let teams convert numerous third downs.  Do we have a 4 man pass rush?  I think sometimes Brooks got tired of looking for receivers and just threw it away.  I think he was thinking this is the NFL, I should not have this much time to look at every receiver 3 or 4 times.  He should have ran more,  Brooks could have easily rushed a ton of yards.  Lastly we are lack things like heart, intensity.  It just seems like we lack a desire.  We have no "want to." This is evidentby the fact that on 4th down plays in consecutive weeks lose probably 5 yards. Everyone in the bar was cheering Mularkey when he decided to go for it and I said to my G/F do they not remeber our 4th down play last week? 5 seconds later and it is the Saints ball, we fail to convert surprise surprise. Then with less than 5 minutes left down by 9 we decied to punt????? When the defense knows it is coming and we know it is coming it is no more than man on man who wants it more, who is going to refuse to lose?  I think the team expects to lose road games and if we win it is justan added inscentive.  Kickoff return at the end of the half was disgusting anyone who witnessed probably lacks the words to describe whatever that was.  Finally what player from USC should we take in the top ten.

461773[/snapback]

I'll agree with one thing for sure, that KO return was pure 1984 Bills football. F it up at all costs. My phone was off the hook with everyone calling each other on what a POS play that was.

This team had a supposed chip on their shoulder from the last game of the season last year.  The coaching staff preached to start the season fast.  Is winning your first game the definition of starting fast.  I guess since we were 0-4 last year this is a fast start.  We are not a smart team coaches included. First of all can someone do some research and find out how many times we have started a drive this season with a penalty or any sort of negative play.  With a young QB you cant shoot yourself in the foot and have 1st and long and then usually that translates to 2nd and long, third and long, and punt.  McGahee starts off the game with a 20 some yard run and then he touches it 7 more time in the half.  He should touch the ball atleast 25-30 times a game.  Is it just me or can other teams get 5 yards passing with ease. Everything we throw is to the outside and after 4 games that seems to have worked real well. Do we run any quick slants or crossing routes or anything short across the middle?  Holcomb is no better than Losman.  Keep Losman in every second of every game and let him take his lumps.  The Saints do not have Joe Horn this game you figure we woulld be alright in the secondary. Instead we has the ubelieveable ability to let teams convert numerous third downs.  Do we have a 4 man pass rush?  I think sometimes Brooks got tired of looking for receivers and just threw it away.  I think he was thinking this is the NFL, I should not have this much time to look at every receiver 3 or 4 times.  He should have ran more,  Brooks could have easily rushed a ton of yards.  Lastly we are lack things like heart, intensity.  It just seems like we lack a desire.  We have no "want to." This is evidentby the fact that on 4th down plays in consecutive weeks lose probably 5 yards. Everyone in the bar was cheering Mularkey when he decided to go for it and I said to my G/F do they not remeber our 4th down play last week? 5 seconds later and it is the Saints ball, we fail to convert surprise surprise. Then with less than 5 minutes left down by 9 we decied to punt????? When the defense knows it is coming and we know it is coming it is no more than man on man who wants it more, who is going to refuse to lose?  I think the team expects to lose road games and if we win it is justan added inscentive.  Kickoff return at the end of the half was disgusting anyone who witnessed probably lacks the words to describe whatever that was.  Finally what player from USC should we take in the top ten.

461773[/snapback]

Are the Bills actually playing Tight Ends?? Are they being used just for blocking?? Isn't a tight end generally a 'safety valve" for a QB??

I'll agree with one thing for sure, that KO return was pure 1984 Bills football. F it up at all costs.  My phone was off the hook with everyone calling each other on what a POS play that was.

461836[/snapback]

Who was that guy inside the 10 that was running alongside, and not pancaking the guy from the Saints?

Who was that guy inside the 10 that was running alongside, and not pancaking the guy from the Saints?

461855[/snapback]

I thought it was Stamer, not sure. I saw it and it looked like he was talking to the returner instead of blocking for him. It was pathetic. I also agree a TE would be nice. Especially with a young QB that safety valve would be nice. Look at Eli in NY going to Shockey. Im all in favor of a TE on the roster because it dosent seem like we have any. Has anyone head a TEs named called in any of the first 4 games?

461773[/snapback]

Now I know why paragraphs were invented.