Parrish / Everett

RuntheDamnBall

First off, anyone have ANY inside knowledge on the returns of these guys? I know Everett is a giant question mark, but Roscoe's gotta be back soon, right?

Second, I would not underestimate the impact that the loss of these two, especially Roscoe, has had on JP. He was connecting with Parrish all throughout training camp, and then lost him. Yes, he had a few weeks to adjust, but I still think it's huge. It will be great to have him back. And how much could he use a big target with soft hands like Everett to take some pressure off right now?

I hate dealing in hypotheticals, and we have to play with the Rumsfeldian "team we have." But to say injuries have not forced a different gameplan and added to JP's growing pains would be to neglect an important factor in the equation.

What makes you think JP is going to be able to hit Parrish or Everett with passes? If he can't get the job done with the solid receivers we have now, he won't be able to get the job done with the addition of these two guys no matter how good they are.

Our best bet is to what your screenname says and run the damn ball.

What makes you think JP is going to be able to hit Parrish or Everett with passes? If he can't get the job done with the solid receivers we have now, he won't be able to get the job done with the addition of these two guys no matter how good they are.

Are best bet is to what your screenname says and run the damn ball.

454966[/snapback]

I agree with the last point, but what makes me think JP will be able to hit Roscoe is

1) we're nigh on week 4, he is still LEARNING!!!!

2) he hit Roscoe with regularity in preseason, and made clear Parrish was a favorite target

3) we're not hitting anything on the outside, but making lots of passes to the slot receiver. It stands to reason a guy who's quicker than Josh Reed will be even more dangerous than the guy who has caught most of our passes

Are best bet is to what your screenname says and run the damn ball.

454966[/snapback]

Yes, because he has struggled against two top-notch defenses, that AUTOMATICALLY means it will always be the same way for his ENTIRE career.

Adn the geniuses here at TSW have determined this thougth scientific evaluation after just THREE starts.

Brilliant, I say, BRILLIANT!

Yes, because he has struggled against two top-notch defenses, that AUTOMATICALLY means it will always be the same way for his ENTIRE career.

And the geniuses here at TSW have determined this thougth scientific evaluation after just THREE starts.

Brilliant, I say, BRILLIANT!

454971[/snapback]

The kid can't hit a wide receiver that is standing completely open at the five yard line doing jumping jacks to get his attention when he's looking right at him. Then he looks off the open receiver to throw to one that is double covered. You don't have to be an expert to know he sucks bad right now.

But as I have said, I hope I eat my words.

Oh, and Atlanta's defense is top-notch? Please, you have got to be kidding me. Any decent QB would have won that game. So when we lose to NO, will they be a top notch defense as well?

Yes, because he has struggled against two top-notch defenses

454971[/snapback]

It's hard to take the quote seriously considering Atlanta's secondary was more than depleted. And their best cornerback (D. Hall) in was playing through an injury. Add in the fact that they were missing a starting defensive end and you have a very vulnerable defense. Our offensive line didn't give JP all the time in the world but there were 3 or 4 critical plays where he DID have time and just didn't connect. (i.e. - First drive - Eric Moulds WIDE OPEN.. EASY TOUCHDOWN...NO BLITZ TO DEAL WITH and still... INCOMPLETION.. argh!)

I'll give you Tampa but to say Atlanta is a top notch defense right now is a stretch. We are playing a pretty weak defense this weekend though, in New Orleans.

I'm still giving the kid a chance. Let's not give up on him. Let's hope he settles and his accuracy improves. If his accuracy doesn't improve then there's no reason to believe this kid is any better than the list of QB's that have failed here. Plus an O-line would help.