McGahee

Where is the fire from McGahee?

Where is the burst?

Where is the power?

Where is any hint of receiving skills?

Where is a hint of blitz pickup/blocking skills?

Where is the stiff arms?

Does this relate to Travis Henry being traded away in the off-season?

447142[/snapback]

In order to see this stuff he has to be a little bit more involved in the game. Ask Tom Clements... :doh:

Where is the burst?

Where is the power?

Where is the stiff arms?

447142[/snapback]

It's hard to show any of those skills when your offensive line is nowhere to be found. He had absolutely nowhere to go yesterday.

Beats me

Where is the burst?
With the fire

Where is the power?
With the burst

The QB needs to stop locking in on one WR before I'd worry too much about that.

He did seem to whiff a couple of times, but that's not something I'm too worried about.

Where is the stiff arms?
We'll probably see them when he hits the open field, not as he's runing to/through a hole.

447142[/snapback]

I don't think so. What do you think?

I agree about Willis. For all of the preseason hype around Willis he was night and day compared to Caddy. Willis seems to run tentative and doesn't have much a burst while Caddy attacks tacklers and gets yards after inital contact.

I'm not buying "its the olines fault" or "our qb sucks" because last time I checked the bucs have an average oline, below average receivers and an average QB.

Willis needs to run with some fire...

I agree about Willis.  For all of the preseason hype around Willis he was night and day compared to Caddy.  Willis seems to run tentative and doesn't have much a burst while Caddy attacks tacklers and gets yards after inital contact.

I'm not buying "its the olines fault" or "our qb sucks" because last time I checked the bucs have an average oline, below average receivers and an average QB.

Willis needs to run with some fire...

447177[/snapback]

Below average WRs? Mike Clayton gained over 1,000 yards as a rookie last year which doesn't happen too often. The only others I can think of to do so recently were named Randy Moss and Anquan Boldin. Joey Galloway might not be what he was in Seattle but imagine he could start for most NFL squads. In terms of their O-line, while I agree they're less talented then ours I was very high on Dan Buenning (their LG) in this years draft and was calling for us to draft him during most of the offseason. Finally, Brian Griese is indeed an average QB which is a far cry as to what JP is to date. As said in the preseason, JP has to prove he can beat teams with his arm for things to open things up for McGahee.

Below average WRs? Mike Clayton gained over 1,000 yards as a rookie last year which doesn't happen too often. The only others I can think of to do so recently were named Randy Moss and Anquan Boldin. Joey Galloway might not be what he was in Seattle but imagine he could start for most NFL squads. In terms of their O-line, while I agree they're less talented then ours I was very high on Dan Buenning (their LG) in this years draft and was calling for us to draft him during most of the offseason. Finally, Brian Griese is indeed an average QB which is a far cry as to what JP is to date. As said in the preseason, JP has to prove he can beat teams with his arm for things to open things up for McGahee.

447184[/snapback]

Ok Mike Clayton is good but they only other WR that had a catch in the game was Ike Hillard (who they picked off of trash heap).

Anyway, the orginal point I was making was about the running styles of Carnell v. Willis, which I think it was pretty obvious on Sunday which was more effective (i.e., even when we knew the run was coming we could not stop it)