My miscellaneous thoughts

eSJayDee

- People say that our run defense fell apart when LF was lost to injury. We weren't doing a very good job of stopping it b4 then. Considering how hot it was on the field and how long they were out there, I don't think having LF out there would've meant for much improvement.

- I think contrary to popular opinion, our O-line is actually good at pass blocking, but their weakness is run blocking. For the past few years, it appears that our RBs are met at the LOS (or behind) far more often than they should be. You can't expect a RB to be productive if they have no where to go. Perhaps McNally's teaching abilities have improved their pass blocking skills but their lack of innate talent is what dictates how well they beat their men in run blocking.

- People are saying that McGahee sucks at blocking (specifically pass blocking as he doesn't get much opportunity to run block). From what I recall from last year, he often would destroy on-rushers and at least from my layman's observations, usually picked up the correct man.

- Moorman may have one of the strongest legs in the league and my personal opinion is that he's relatively accurate, but his touch is poor at particularly bad yesterday. That's something that we need to work on as the benefits we can reap are tremendous. (See the punt leading to TB's safety.)

- Speaking of Moorman, is it possible that our new snapper is causing him problems?

(I seem to recall him liking Dorenbous(sp?)

- Our ST did well yesterday &/or TB isn't too good in this regard. I think they had penalties on > 50% of the ST plays. Our kick returns were good, coverage decent.

- Vincent seems to give us much greater range & 'center fielding' ability than we've had in a long range but he's not too reliable in run support. The exact opposite of Prealeou(sp?) who I think was a very sure tackler.

- It appeared to me that the problem w/ our passing game was that the receivers weren't getting open. (I haven't reviewed the game yet, so my opinion might change.) Losman wasn't sharp, but I don't think our incredible lack of production was primarily his fault.