Relax and check the schedules til the bye

nuklz2594

Everyone needs to relax and have a beer. Yes, we got smoked today. What have we learned? JP has a long way to go before we forget about Jim Kelly or Joe Fergie. Our o-line is not exactly the Eloectric Company or anywhere near the ability of Super Bowl run o-lines. Willis is not the second coming of Thermal or even Joe Cribbs. He is young and finally healthy after a gruesome injury. That being said, the Pats got soundly beaten in every phase today. The Pats still have to face the most brutal schedule over the next few weeks. The Pats still have to play Pittsburgh, San Diego, Atlanta, and Denver. The Fish have NY Jets, Carolina, Buffalo, Tampa Bay, and KC. The Jets have Miami, Jags, Ravens, Tampa Bay, Buffalo, and Atlanta. Our schedule is as follows-Atlanta, Saints, Fish, Jets, and Raiders. The Pats didn't look like champs today. I like our schedule til the bye. The only team to worry about is the Falcons. We should win the next 4 going into New England before the bye. We should not be any worse than 5-3 going into the bye assuming we lose to the Falcons and Pats. JP will get more experienced and Willis will get better. The defense can only do so much when they are on the field for the majority of the game today. Everyone needs to remember that this is a learning season for JP. After the bye is could get ugly. We have KC, San Diego, Carolina, Fish, Pats, Denver, Bengals-who smoked the Vikes today, and the Jets. Hard to say how will do after the bye. I figure we go .500 during this span. This I believe will get us to 9-7. That would make for a successful season.

This is not an easy schedule I read somewhere this is the 5th toughest schedule in the league, but we are capable of a 9-7 season. Things will get better starting next year. I am in my 40's and have been a longtime suffering fan, but give the trio of JP, Willis,Evans, and our defense a chance--we will be a force to be reckoned with. I am not throwing in the towel yet, just stating facts. Transplanted in Maine and am in need of a serious wing fix. Anyway, the schedules are brutal for our entire division, but I like our chances.

Your thoughts?

I never stated Fergie and Kelly were on the same level. That's like comparing OJ to Thermal. JP has a ways to go before he can be compared to either. Let's face it-we are not known for having a history of quality qb's in our team's history. Kemp is before my time, but he did win an AFL championship. Fergie was a tough S.O.B. and played the game with pride. Kelly was the best we have had, but with 4 consecutive Super Bowl losses, we were the first team to finish last for 4 consecutive years.

I never stated Fergie and Kelly were on the same level. That's like comparing OJ to Thermal.  JP has a ways to go before he can be compared to either.  Let's face it-we are known for having a history of quality qb's in our team's history.  Kemp is before my time, but he did win an AFL championship.  Fergie was a tough S.O.B. and played the game with pride.  Kelly was the best we have had, but with 4 consecutive Super Bowl losses, we were the first team to finish last for 4 consecutive years.

445248[/snapback]

Okay, OJ and Thermal are both top 10 all time RB's. That would be okay.

Putting Kelly and Fergy is loike comparing the #20 all time with Kelly to maybe a top 300 Qb in Fergy.

You are missing the point/points. We haver never been known as having a qb tradition. My point being with JP, he is nowhere near Kelly much less Fergie. He is in a learning curve. Hey smart guy name 5 Bills qb's that could/would have had any success with any team in the NFL--exclude Kelly and Fergie. Our qb history is brutal. Let's review some of them in no particular order:

-Rob Johnson-sucked

-Doug Flutie-got screwed

-Tod Collins-sucked

-Shmuck Hobert-sucked

-Vince Ferragamo-sucked

-James Harris-sucked

-Bruce Mathison-sucked

-Alex Van Pelt-entertaing at best

-Drew Bledsoe-please

-Gary Marangi-sucked

-Darryl Lamonica-traded for Flores of the Raiders-sorry ass trade

-Mark Kofler-sucked

-Will Totten-sucked

Perhaps you see a pattern?

Our schedule is as follows-Atlanta, Saints, Fish, Jets, and Raiders. The Pats didn't look like champs today. I like our schedule til the bye. The only team to worry about is the Falcons. We should win the next 4 going into New England before the bye.

You may be right.

We have a chance against the Falcons. The Saints (McAlister looking very average, QB Brooks is their only rusher) is a win. We can squish fish twice this year, and I think we can beat the Jets in our house. The Raiders may be trouble, although it gives Nate a chance to go up against Moss, Kerry Collins is boring (45% completions), and their defense is worse than TBay.

You are missing the point/points.  We haver never been known as having a qb tradition.  My point being with JP, he is nowhere near Kelly much less Fergie.  He is in a learning curve.  Hey smart guy name 5 Bills qb's that could/would have had any success with any team in the NFL--exclude Kelly and Fergie.  Our qb history is brutal.  Let's review some of them in no particular order:

-Rob Johnson-sucked

-Doug Flutie-got screwed

-Tod Collins-sucked

-Shmuck Hobert-sucked

-Vince Ferragamo-sucked

-James Harris-sucked

-Bruce Mathison-sucked

-Alex Van Pelt-entertaing at best

-Drew Bledsoe-please

-Gary Marangi-sucked

-Darryl Lamonica-traded for  Flores of the Raiders-sorry ass trade

-Mark Kofler-sucked

-Will Totten-sucked

Perhaps you see a pattern?

445424[/snapback]

The pattern I see is if the Bills are winnng you think the QB is great, otherwize you think they suck. It is still a team game. Kelly was as much a product of his environment as the other QB's.

Best talent in the league in two out of the 4 SB, and he didn't win.