Schobel getting props on NFL Total Access

ajzepp

Adam Schecter (sp?) guy talking about the ass kicking we laid on the Texans, and the fact that Aaron Schobel gets hardly any recognition, even though he's become a heckuva sacker. Nothing we don't already know, but nice to see us getting some national attention. Im sure it won't be the last time this year!

More sacks for Aaron since he's been in the league than the other 4 DE's drafted before him.

His goal this year is 15. He's well on his way. 13 more to go and the way the defense is playing, he may even surpass 15.

441331[/snapback]

I love your optimism...

but I think I'll have to disagree here. I don't see Aaron Schobel being the dominant defensive end to post 15 sacks. I don't see a Bruce Smith in him. Yes, it is something I still miss. Aaron is good, yes... but I think he is a 10 sack guy.

I just got NFL Network and most people on it seem really dumb. Eisen is an OK host, but Terrell Davis, Sterling Sharp, Solomon Wilcox, and the white guy's name which I can't remember are all horrible.

The postgame press coferences are cool though, and I'm looking forward to the Bills' show tonight.

I love your optimism...

but I think I'll have to disagree here.  I don't see Aaron Schobel being the dominant defensive end to post 15 sacks.  I don't see a Bruce Smith in him.  Yes, it is something I still miss.  Aaron is good, yes... but I think he is a 10 sack guy.

441519[/snapback]

10 sacks sounds about right. We'll see though. It is a new year and he FINALLY has support on the other end (Kelsay being a force). That makes a difference.

It was just one game, but if the Defense resembles that unit I saw on Sunday, then maybe he could have a great year. And we'll all be giving TD some crazy props for re-signing him to a long term deal, right? :)

10 sacks sounds about right. We'll see though. It is a new year and he FINALLY has support on the other end (Kelsay being a force). That makes a difference.

It was just one game, but if the Defense resembles that unit I saw on Sunday, then maybe he could have a great year. And we'll all be giving TD some crazy props for re-signing him to a long term deal, right?  :)

441537[/snapback]

I would definitely take a 10sack guy as my starting DE, if he can do that every year...Name how many teams have a 10sack DE....

Sarcasm dude.    :)

P.S., I don't think we'll ever land another Bruce Smith but if this guy outplays Hansen then we got a steal in the draft!

441775[/snapback]

I agree with that. Indy may have gotten the only Bruce Smith available in a long time in Freeney.

Here's hoping Schobel continues being a BEAST. And let's not forget about Chris Kelsay [motion: Double pump of the fist/forearm after a big sack]