Week 1 AFC Players of the Week

NJ_BillsFan

I wonder what Scobee did that was better and more deserving than Lindell? Miss a field goal?

440687[/snapback]

Four touchbacks. I can't really say I disagree with them, either...effectively stifling the other team's return game and sticking them on their 20 after every kickoff is arguably worth a missed field goal.

Four touchbacks.  I can't really say I disagree with them, either...effectively stifling the other team's return game and sticking them on their 20 after every kickoff is arguably worth a missed field goal.

440740[/snapback]

True, but I was pretty impressed with Lindell's kickoffs. At least two made it to the end zone line, and with our coverage teams, that's a pretty good recipe.

True, but I was pretty impressed with Lindell's kickoffs. At least two made it to the end zone line, and with our coverage teams, that's a pretty good recipe.

440787[/snapback]

I agree...but it doesn't look as good in the stats. Other than average drive start after kickoffs, there's not a hell of a lot of ways you can cook kickoff numbers to make returns consistently look better than touchbacks.

And all that really means is that someone made their decision based on the stats.