Anybody else concerned about inability to

Wiz

Don't get me wrong, I am happy as schnitt about the win. But, while the offense is much better with JP at qb, the Bills still stall in the red zone. Once they stalled because of Gandy's holding, but the others were the result of the o-line not being able to drive the defense off the ball and open holes. I just hope the o-line gels and gets better as the season progresses.

Don't get me wrong, I am happy as schnitt about the win.  But, while the offense is much better with JP at qb, the Bills still stall in the red zone.  Once they stalled because of Gandy's holding, but the others were the result of the o-line not being able to drive the defense off the ball and open holes.  I just hope the o-line gels and gets better as the season progresses.

436713[/snapback]

Bennie Anderson killed another drive by getting a false start on a third-and-2 at the 19. I think Teague also had a red zone false start on another drive. Need to eliminate those mistakes.

Don't get me wrong, I am happy as schnitt about the win.  But, while the offense is much better with JP at qb, the Bills still stall in the red zone.  Once they stalled because of Gandy's holding, but the others were the result of the o-line not being able to drive the defense off the ball and open holes.  I just hope the o-line gels and gets better as the season progresses.

436713[/snapback]

Yes. But I was really floored when MM went for it on 4th and 2 when it was in FG range. His way of pushing the O to be better; challenging them. I thought it was the right call, even if it hadn't worked. There comes a point where you have to stop relying on the gimmes and settling for/being satisfied with a FG. I'm sure it's something that's going to be stressed in practice.

Yes. But I was really floored when MM went for it on 4th and 2. His way of pushing the O to be better; challenging them. I thought it was the right call, even if it hadn't worked. There comes a point where you have to stop relying on the gimmes and settling for/being satisfied with a FG.

436738[/snapback]

Right. To me that was the play of the game for the o-line.

436713[/snapback]

We knew that we would have some problems, fortunately the D stepped up and the defender that JP threw the ball to dropped it. The O is farther along then I thought it would be and I'm sure that Malarkey will be working on it.

I've been following the Bills since 64, and JP's performance reminded me of the Super Bowl years- I hope that he can keep it up !!

Go Bills !!

Yes. But I was really floored when MM went for it on 4th and 2 when it was in FG range. His way of pushing the O to be better; challenging them. I thought it was the right call, even if it hadn't worked. There comes a point where you have to stop relying on the gimmes and settling for/being satisfied with a FG. I'm sure it's something that's going to be stressed in practice.

436738[/snapback]

Not to mention the fact that the Bills were up by 5 at the time so many people would go for the field goal in that situation.

436713[/snapback]

Bothered me.

I realize it's game one, team looked really good - but there are going to be situations down the line where not getting but one TD out of 6 trips inside the 10 is going to hurt. Don't expect to get 4-5 turnovers every game. It's everyone's game one this week, yes it counts - but it's in a way the last week of pre-season.

As mentioned in another thread. I go by the first quarter season. I think 3-1 is very possible. Maybe 4-0, I'll be happy with 2-2. Lot's of film will be watched this week across the league. Bills played great today, and a lot of that was preparation and game planning. Houston was the proverbial deer in the headlights today. Everytime I saw their coach his mouth was hanging open. Teams like New England aren't going to be that way.

Bothered me.

I realize it's game one, team looked really good - but there are going to be situations down the line where not getting but one TD out of 6 trips inside the 10 is going to hurt. Don't expect to get 4-5 turnovers every game. It's everyone's game one this week, yes it counts - but it's in a way the last week of pre-season.

As mentioned in another thread. I go by the first quarter season. I think 3-1 is very possible. Maybe 4-0, I'll be happy with 2-2. Lot's of film will be watched this week across the league. Bills played great today, and a lot of that was preparation and game planning. Houston was the proverbial deer in the headlights today. Everytime I saw their coach his mouth was hanging open. Teams like New England aren't going to be that way.

436768[/snapback]

The red zone offense needs to produce, b/c going forward it's going to get harder.

I suspect MM & TC still have a few surprise plays in their Bag o' Tricks. :doh:;)

I'm more irritated than concerned. I got Willis on my fantasy team. I think they need to put the ball in his hands more down there. The one drive was all his, and then they get close and start throwing the ball. Pound it in.

Over all today was a big step in the right direction.

Don't expect to get 4-5 turnovers every game.

Why not?

Very concerned. But enjoying the win right now

There were penalties on the three of the drives

First Drive--Gandy had a hold on a screen pass to Willis that would have given us 2nd and 2 at the 8

The aforementioned false start on Bennie on the 4th drive on what would have been a 3rd and 2 at the 19--made it a 3rd and 7

We overcame the Teague false start it was on the TD drive.

We will see JP be given a chance to make plays on roll outs with run/pass options more in the red zone as he gains more experience. We also need to cut out the false starts--on one of them the center had the wrong snap count--not unusual for the first game--but we need to get a little better concentration in the red zone.

Very concerned.  But enjoying the win right now

There were penalties on the three of the drives

First Drive--Gandy had a hold on a screen pass to Willis that would have given us 2nd and 2 at the 8

The aforementioned false start on Bennie on the 4th drive on what would have been a 3rd and 2 at the 19--made it a 3rd and 7

We overcame the Teague false start it was on the TD drive.

We will see JP be given a chance to make plays on roll outs with run/pass options more in the red zone as he gains more experience.  We also need to cut out the false starts--on one of them the center had the wrong snap count--not unusual for the first game--but we need to get a little better concentration in the red zone.

436788[/snapback]

Joe I am with you with the field position etc we should have been a blown out but like someone once said a "Win is a Win." Seemed like the game plan relied more on a passing game than running but good to see Willis getting significant number of yarsd in second half.

Bennie Anderson killed another drive by getting a false start on a third-and-2 at the 19.  I think Teague also had a red zone false start on another drive.  Need to eliminate those mistakes.

436729[/snapback]

Yeah so Bennie made one mistake. He absolutely was blowing open holes in the second half for Willis. I'll take one mistake for that level of effort everyday. We haven't seen that much production from the LG spot in years.

As far as the redzone, yeah a little concerned. I think some of it was coaching. Not sure why they weren't rolling JP out more and giving him a short and deep route inside the 20, or the option to run.

I think JP did fine today. He had some issues, but he isn't friggen dancing around and acting like peter cottontail with the stupid hopping he was doing early in preseason.

Yeah so Bennie made one mistake.  He absolutely was blowing open holes in the second half for Willis. I'll take one mistake for that level of effort everyday.  We haven't seen that much production from the LG spot in years. 

As far as the redzone, yeah a little concerned.  I think some of it was coaching.  Not sure why they weren't rolling JP out more and giving him a short and deep route inside the 20, or the option to run. 

I think JP did fine today.  He had some issues, but he isn't friggen dancing around and acting like peter cottontail with the stupid hopping he was doing early in preseason.

436813[/snapback]

Gawd you're an ass. (Just playing along) Don't even know what you wrote, but it has to be wrong.