i want tickets to OPRAH

ch19079

http://story.news.yahoo.com/news?tmpl=stor...prah_s_surprise

"CHICAGO - Oprah Winfrey celebrated the premiere of her 19th season by surprising each of her 276 audience members with a new car."

i would love to have enouph money to give away 276 car in one day....damn.

30458[/snapback]

I still wouldn't go. Could you imagine the mind numbing drivel that you would have to listen to for an hour. It isn't woth it.

Another public ploy by Oprah to look like a hero. Pontiac donated all the cars, she didn't have a dime invested in it. Although she often gives money to people in need, many of these freebies are gifts of major corporations.

Another public ploy by Oprah to look like a hero. Pontiac donated all the cars, she didn't have a dime invested in it. Although she often gives money to people in need, many of these freebies are gifts of major corporations.

30497[/snapback]

Exactly.... you beat me to the punch. Oprah looks like super woman for this without having to pony up anything. I read the article and Pontiac also said they were going to pay all the taxes and customizing of all the vehicles for the guests. Way to go Pontiac!

Exactly.... you beat me to the punch. Oprah looks like super woman for this without having to pony up anything. I read the article and Pontiac also said they were going to pay all the taxes and customizing of all the vehicles for the guests. Way to go Pontiac!

30501[/snapback]

PONTIAC:

Poor Oprah Nimrods Think It's A Cadillac

30497[/snapback]

So do you think Linda Pellegrino could have convinced Pontiac to participate in such a stunt? They only did it because she's Oprah, and they knew the exposure/advertising they were getting from it because of the ease with which she makes news...Further, do you think Pontiac went to Oprah and said "we're looking for ways to give away more cars, can we give them to members of your audience?"

I'm not saying she's a saint, but to say that she had nothing to do with 276 people who needed cars getting cars tax free takes things to the opposite extreme.

So do you think Linda Pellegrino could have convinced Pontiac to participate in such a stunt?  They only did it because she's Oprah, and they knew the exposure/advertising they were getting from it because of the ease with which she makes news...Further, do you think Pontiac went to Oprah and said "we're looking for ways to give away more cars, can we give them to members of your audience?"

I'm not saying she's a saint, but to say that she had nothing to do with 276 people who needed cars getting cars tax free takes things to the opposite extreme.

30881[/snapback]

There were 11 on stage that "needed" a car. Reminds me of the old tv show, "Queen for a Day", which had an "applause meter" that gave the washing machine or whatever to the person with the best sob story.

The others just happened to show up for the day's taping.

But I think Oprah is an ok person.

I know somebody that works for her or she approached Pontiac. But the article is titled "Oprah gives away cars to her audience". It makes people think that she gave 7 million dollars of her own money to Pontiac to give cars to needy people. Noble idea, just the wrong people are getting the credit. The title of the article should read "Pontiac donates 276 cars to needy audience of The Oprah Show '.

Then everybody gets the credit they deservr. You sure dont see the CEO of GM in the picture with the cars and cheering people.

It's great that she does give back to people in need, but she makes sure that a camera and reporter are there to record the event. Her giving 7 million to some one is like me giving $5 to charity, and I don't, nor do most ordinary people, run to the press to make sure everybody knows about it?

So do you think Linda Pellegrino could have convinced Pontiac to participate in such a stunt?  They only did it because she's Oprah, and they knew the exposure/advertising they were getting from it because of the ease with which she makes news...Further, do you think Pontiac went to Oprah and said "we're looking for ways to give away more cars, can we give them to members of your audience?"

30881[/snapback]

actually i bet she wasnt the one to come up with it either...all these shows have a group of ppl that work on it that read all the mail and do all the "REAL WORK" of the show...all oprah does is ask what the shows about and do a little reading of what she should talk about..wich is written by those ppl i just mentioned...i bet one of her lowly workers came up with the idea and then her workers contacted pontiac and said "hey i work for the oprah show and we blah, blah, blah...."....theres no way shes pulling any money out of her pocket for anybody but herself....the studio flipped the bill on all those shows where somebody got money or received gifts.