LAMP- I made it

CBusBillsFan

Well, tryouts started on Sunday and they announced the band on Wed. night. I have a regular spot and will be marching ramp and script Ohio this Saturday against Texas!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I'm so pumped I don't really know what to say. I worked my ass off this summer and it came through. Anyone going to the game????

Well, tryouts started on Sunday and they announced the band on Wed. night. I have a regular spot and will be marching ramp and script Ohio this Saturday against Texas!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I'm so pumped I don't really know what to say. I worked my ass off this summer and it came through. Anyone going to the game????

434474[/snapback]

Congratulations on making the band! I can't imagine how excited you must be.

434474[/snapback]

Grats

434474[/snapback]

So....how'd it go?

So....how'd it go?

It was absolutely amazing. I knew it was going to be big when people were taking pics of me with their camera phones when I was walking to the stadium. A lot of Texas fans wanted pics with band members for some reason. Then we had game day rehearsal and there is a big hill that goes up to our practice field that was completely full of people watching us practice. Then we marched over to skull session, a pep rally/concert two hours before the game in St. John Arena. When we get in there we run/march down a ramp onto the floor and the noise was deafening. It was standing room only and they all came just to see the band...it was quite a feeling. Then we marched over to the stadium and marched Ramp. For non-Buckeyes that is our pre-game show were we march down a (steep) ramp in rows of two onto the field. That was the best part of the night...marching down in front of a record 150,700 people, most of them had a camera...all I could see were flashbulbs.

It was absolutely amazing. I knew it was going to be big when people were taking pics of me with their camera phones when I was walking to the stadium. A lot of Texas fans wanted pics with band members for some reason. Then we had game day rehearsal and there is a big hill that goes up to our practice field that was completely full of people watching us practice. Then we marched over to skull session, a pep rally/concert two hours before the game in St. John Arena. When we get in there we run/march down a ramp onto the floor and the noise was deafening. It was standing room only and they all came just to see the band...it was quite a feeling. Then we marched over to the stadium and marched Ramp. For non-Buckeyes that is our pre-game show were we march down a (steep) ramp in rows of two onto the field. That was the best part of the night...marching down in front of a record 150,700 people, most of them had a camera...all I could see were flashbulbs.

438675[/snapback]

Good for you, it sounds like a great time. My sister was in the Notre Dame band for 4 years back during the Holtz era and loved it. Said she was so excited marching out for the first game that she couldn't even play.

Good luck the rest of the season.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.