The reverse - please understand, people:

Coach Tuesday

Lots of folks bashing the reverse call - the one where Reed lost 4-5 yards. I was there, and at the time I was pissed, BUT - it was genius, and here's why: that one play set up 3-6 plays later on in the game. There were various times after that play where they were able to free up long runs by faking the same reverse and handing it off to TH up the gut. There was one play in particular, which was like a 3d and 9 deep in their own zone, when they faked the reverse and handed it to TH for a 12 yard gain - that's BRILLIANT play calling, people - that stuff is PLANNED. You TAKE the loss the first time, because now their safeties and lbs have to hesitate when you show them the same look. It worked over and over again. I'm sure that was just the tip of the iceberg - they surely were doing things early on in the game to set up other things later. Folks, that looked like a real offense yesterday - even though the points weren't there, it looked efficient, confident, and SMART.

Lots of folks bashing the reverse call - the one where Reed lost 4-5 yards.  I was there, and at the time I was pissed, BUT - it was genius, and here's why:  that one play set up 3-6 plays later on in the game.  There were various times after that play where they were able to free up long runs by faking the same reverse and handing it off to TH up the gut.  There was one play in particular, which was like a 3d and 9 deep in their own zone, when they faked the reverse and handed it to TH for a 12 yard gain - that's BRILLIANT play calling, people - that stuff is PLANNED.  You TAKE the loss the first time, because now your safeties and lbs have to hesitate when you show them the same look.  It worked over and over again.  I'm sure that was just the tip of the iceberg - they surely were doing things early on in the game to set up other things later.  Folks, that looked like a real offense yesterday - even though the points weren't there, it looked efficient, confident, and SMART.

30012[/snapback]

I agree and the play didn't work because it wasn't executed properly. Neither Jennings or Smith did as much as impeded their assignments on the play.

Let's just hope the CS is smart enough not to keep going back to the well too many times. It's going to dry up sooner or later.

We have heard how small the playbook is to make it easier on DB. I just hope that isn't our only set-up play. You know Belichek has that one in his memory vault.

And sorry to pick on you, but understand that it wasn't a "reverse." It was an "end around." A reverse would be if Reed had handed the ball to another player going in the "reverse" direction. :devil: Criqui got it wrong too, and I wonder if TMQ will mention it...