Ohhhhhhhhhh USA ... USA USA USA!!!

PTS

That's awesome, man....that's something you'll probably never forget!  I can't wait until the world cup next year.....sounds like the Germans are already talking sh*t, so I hope we get another shot at them.

429339[/snapback]

Didn't they need an illegal handball to beat us last time in the final 8? And wasn't that after the U.S. beat Mexico AGAIN?

I confess to being an anti-soccer person, but I do beccome a quasi-fan in international play just because it's so amusing to beat these countries who despise the U.S. so deeply and whose entire lives revolve around the game while we're playing our country's 4th rate athletes (no offence to anybody who plays). I mean really - it's hilarious.

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hello people,

A quick introduction before I go ahead with my post. I am a 23 year old lad from Essex (London-ish) UK, and a HUGE Leeds United Fan :D

I was shown this thread by one of your countrymen, who also happens to be a Leeds fan :)

I just love it when you see people getting into the world of football, and enjoying it as much as I do <_<

That video of Beasley's goal is quality, brought goosbumps to my arms seeing football fans celebrating on impulse, a feeling I don't think you can better!! I love seeing the rise of the real FOOTBALL (;)) in the states and the rest of the world, it really is a quality game :w00t:

Glad to see you winning at the weekend, and see you in Germany '06 :)

Welcome to America's greatest football team & fans Dave !!!

This one's for you mate :

* sings * <_<

Here we go with Leeds United

We're gonna give the boys a hand

Stand up and sing for Leeds United

They are the greatest in the land

Every day, we're all gonna say

We love you Leeds - Leeds - Leeds

Everywhere, we're gonna be there

Marching on together

We're gonna see you win (na, na, na, na, na, na)

We are so proud

We shout it out loud

We've been through it all together

And we've had our up's and down's

We're gonna stay with you forever

At least until the world stops going 'round

Marching on together

We're gonna see you win (na, na, na, na, na, na)

We are so proud

We shout it out loud

We are so proud

We shout it out loud

Welcome to America's greatest football team & fans Dave !!!

This one's for you mate :

* sings *  <_<

Here we go with Leeds United

We're gonna give the boys a hand

Stand up and sing for Leeds United

They are the greatest in the land

We love you Leeds! Leeds! Leeds!

Marchin' on together

We're gonna see you win

We are so proud

We shout it out loud

We've been through it all together

And we've had our ups and downs

We're gonna stay with you forever

At least until the world stops going 'round

Marchin' on together

We're gonna see you win

We are so proud

We shout it out loud

430943[/snapback]

Let me get this right......

THATTA BOY ! :) That's how you people over the pond react isn't it :w00t:

Thanks for that one Art, welcomed in a team far far away :D

Now these tailgate parties I wanna see!!

That video of Beasley's goal is quality, brought goosbumps to my arms seeing football fans celebrating on impulse, a feeling I don't think you can better!! I love seeing the rise  of the real FOOTBALL (:D) in the states and the rest of the world, it really is a quality game <_<

Glad to see you winning at the weekend, and see you in Germany '06 :w00t:

430920[/snapback]

Hopefully you are a BILLS fans as well as this is a Bills message board. Most of us soccer fans -- especially those on this board -- love our football as well because as one of our commercials goes "football is football, unless of course it's futbol."

That being said welcome. How's Eddie Lewis doing?

If you're looking for football/soccer talk you gotta head over to www.bigsoccer.com. Millions of people visit that soccer message board.

Hopefully you are a BILLS fans as well as this is a Bills message board. Most of us soccer fans -- especially those on this board -- love our football as well because as one of our commercials goes "football is football, unless of course it's futbol."

That being said welcome. How's Eddie Lewis doing?

If you're looking for football/soccer talk you gotta head over to www.bigsoccer.com. Millions of people visit that soccer message board.

430960[/snapback]

Thanks for that Mr Clutch, I'll check that one out <_<

My knowledge of NFL could be written on the back of a stamp, but I'm getting there :w00t:

Eddie has looked promising in opening games, still likes to cut in a bit much for my liking, but over all I am thrilled to have him :D

You gotta see his face at full time, when the players come up and clap the fans (mostly at away (road) games). Obviously we are all in full song, bursting with pride and the smile on his face is awesome! He looks over awed by it, as at Preston they can hardly rival us Leeds lads :)

Back to NFL, I am hopint to visit the states in 2007, and without a doubt a BILLS game will be essential. I wanna join in the tailgate parties and have some of those wings you all talk about so much :)

I watched some of the play offs last year, wild card weekend Jets V Chargers was very enjoyable,but don't get me wrong, if I have a side it is the BILLS, and ART has got me more than just curious, I swear if you cut him in half you'd see the word BILLS in his blood ;)

Didn't they need an illegal handball to beat us last time in the final 8?  And wasn't that after the U.S. beat Mexico AGAIN?

I confess to being an anti-soccer person, but I do beccome a quasi-fan in international play just because it's so amusing to beat these countries who despise the U.S. so deeply and whose entire lives revolve around the game while we're playing our country's 4th rate athletes (no offence to anybody who plays).  I mean really - it's hilarious.

430619[/snapback]

excellent point BuffOrange. David Wells and Sam Adams would be running circles around those guys. Big fat guys in America sometimes = 1st rate athletes. Just think how right you'd be if you were an anti-sumo wrestling person.

excellent point BuffOrange.  David Wells and Sam Adams would be running circles around those guys.  Big fat guys in America sometimes = 1st rate athletes.  Just think how right you'd be if you were an anti-sumo wrestling person.

432918[/snapback]

Worst

Ever

OK you're right - the French have better athletes than us :D

Sorry, but if you don't think Allan Iverson or Randy Moss could be sick soccer players if that's all they knew/played growing up and it was the cool sport to play in grade school....you're crazy.

I'll tell you what, soccer fans or not, the US will go nuts for the world cup next summer. Its our competitive nature. Anytime we get to compete against the world, we cheer our lungs out. Take the olympics... no one cares about competition swimming 3 out of 4 years... but in that fourth year, look out.

I'll tell you what, soccer fans or not, the US will go nuts for the world cup next summer. Its our competitive nature. Anytime we get to compete against the world, we cheer our lungs out. Take the olympics... no one cares about competition swimming 3 out of 4 years... but in that fourth year, look out.

433293[/snapback]

True that. Same with the Tour de France. Imagine a guy from Spain won it 7 years in a row. Most Americans probably wouldn't know his name, much less call him the world's greatest athlete. But since an American won it, it's an important sporting event.

how about the English loss to N.Ireland...1-0. Pretty devastating.

433344[/snapback]

I love it ... and David Healy of Leeds United with the cracker of a goal !

I'd say that ole Sven is in big big trouble ...

All that talent, and they get a lucky goal to beat Wales, then they lose to lowly Northern Ireland (sorry No Ireland supporters, but it's true)

Sven should will be getting the sack soon, the England fans are on him likk hungry dogs :blink:

That is correct, the World Cup will be in HD. Fortunately for me, it won't matter because I already have my USA tickets for up to five US games.

Hopefully JP holds his own, the Bills make a run followed by a good Sabres run which will lead me right into the World Cup. It's gonna be a great year!

430562[/snapback]

You lucky sonofabitch. I'm still hoping to go. I struck out in the first two ticket phases. Hopefully I'll get tickets in the next phase.

If you need a travel companion, let me know.

I already told my cousin from Germany to plan his wedding around the World Cup.

I would've loved to go to Columbus also. However, I was planning to be in Pitt for the ND game that night.

You lucky sonofabitch.  I'm still hoping to go.  I struck out in the first two ticket phases.  Hopefully I'll get tickets in the next phase. 

If you need a travel companion, let me know. 

I already told my cousin from Germany to plan his wedding around the World Cup.

I would've loved to go to Columbus also.  However, I was planning to be in Pitt for the ND game that night.

433391[/snapback]

Keep in touch. There will be a lot of tickets released in December right after the draw. Make sure you sign up on USsoccer.com. They will release tickets as well after the draw. There will be a lot of Western New Yorkers in Germany next year. It will make for an unbelieveable time! WNY is well represented in Sam's Army.

Make sure to check out www.bigsoccer.com. It's a great site for soccer talk and news. There are also a slew of Buffalo people on there as well.

This thread is really getting me psyched up......I'm so glad to see that there are others on here who love soccer. This sport is near and dear to my heart and even though it will never be like the NFL in this country, as long as it has a presence and an active fan base, that's good enough for me.

As for the US team, now that we have Eddie Johnson back I expect us to be even more potent....that guy is a friggin STUD.

This thread is really getting me psyched up......I'm so glad to see that there are others on here who love soccer. This sport is near and dear to my heart and even though it will never be like the NFL in this country, as long as it has a presence and an active fan base, that's good enough for me.

As for the US team, now that we have Eddie Johnson back I expect us to be even more potent....that guy is a friggin STUD.

433613[/snapback]

I'll get into in next year for the WC. The local bar near work in NYC is one of the best soccer bars in New York. It was packed wall to wall for the WC games last time around, and this was with games starting at 2:30am. It was a blast.

you know ajzepp, your right about soccer never getting huge in the US. We're well established in our sports and it'll be impossible to just create a league to rival the NFL. I always wondered though about FOX or NBC broadcasting games from the premier league here in the states. Id watch, pick a team, and root crazily. though, I understand how losing the live aspect would hurt.

I'll get into in next year for the WC.  The local bar near work in NYC is one of the best soccer bars in New York.  It was packed wall to wall for the WC games last time around, and this was with games starting at 2:30am.  It was a blast.

433620[/snapback]

Wow, that makes me miss the northeast.....I hate being stuck down here in Atlanta....it's harder to find cool stuff like that. I give the south credit for helping me ease up with my anti-BCS sentiment and embrace college football more than I ever did before, but growing up in Rochester and then going to college in Philly REALLY has spoiled me for sports culture. It's just not the same down here :blink:

you know ajzepp, your right about soccer never getting huge in the US. We're well established in our sports and it'll be impossible to just create a league to rival the NFL. I always wondered though about FOX or NBC broadcasting games from the premier league here in the states. Id watch, pick a team, and root crazily. though, I understand how losing the live aspect would hurt.

433623[/snapback]

I would LOVE it if they did that. Whenever there is a Premier League game on I just sit there and can't turn it off. The skill level is top notch with those guys. I'm definitely not upset that soccer will never be the NFL, mainly cause the NFL is still tops with me. But I have to admit that I LOVE the fact that MLS has become a profitable venture and soccer seems to be gaining in popularity around here. But yeah, if a network broadcast some Premier League games (especially in HD :blink: ) I'd be all over that in a heartbeat!