Undrafted Free Agents

Yoho

Once again this year, the Bills kept an undrafted free agent on the final roster (Jim Leonhard). All things being equal, this is a great move. Agents notice such things. I am sure the agents final bonus is predicated on the player actually making some money. If the Bills have a rep for actually giving undrafted players a legitimate chance at the roster, we have a better chance at getting the better undrafted players. We came up with some real finds last year --- Peters, Greer, Baker. Hopefully, this is a trend that pays off in the long run.

Once again this year, the Bills kept an undrafted free agent on the final roster (Jim Leonhard).  All things being equal, this is a great move.  Agents notice such things.  I am sure the agents final bonus is predicated on the player actually making some money.  If the Bills have a rep for actually giving undrafted players a legitimate chance at the roster, we have a better chance at getting the better undrafted players.  We came up with some real finds last year --- Peters, Greer, Baker.  Hopefully, this is a trend that pays off in the long run.

428647[/snapback]

George Wilson?

I think Wilson had a tryout last year with another team and is not exactly the type that I am talking about--- signing the best of the undrafted collegians.

428661[/snapback]

Yep, Wilson was class of 2004 & was in Detroit's camp. He was on the Bills practice squad last year from 10/18/04 through the rest of the season.

Jim Leonhard has great football instincts, and is a good punt returner. I'm happy to see him make the team!

For Leonhard, punt returns are 'ultimate high'

428672[/snapback]

I'm glad Leonhard made the squad -- my father-in-law will be pleased as well (he's a huge Badgers fan).

There's a lot of Leonhard highlihgts on a Bills DVD you can buy:

http://www.stadiumwall.com/index.php?showtopic=29362

It includes several INTs and several PRs. Kid looks small, but quick and has good instincts (at least in college).

CW