It honestly just hit me

Corp000085

mods, you can merge this with the pinned thread if you see it necessary.

My schedule goes something like this:

6am-3:30pm--special ed prek teacher assistant.. that's my job

4-10pm--college to finish my teaching degree... got a year left, yay

I went to bed early sunday night, and i've been keeping track of the death, destruction, all the crap with the looting, gas prices, etc. All i can say is it feels like September 11, 2001 all over again. Devestation and human suffering on american soild doesn't sit well with me at all. Anyhow, it honestly just hit me today that this actually happened. Because of my job and my school, i really haven't had time to think. Well, i had 5 minutes today and all i can say is damn. We, as in the blessed people who actually have the ability to read my message now, need to help out as much as we possibly can. The registrar at my elementary school just moved her daughter into a french quarter apartment building the saturday before last. She evacuated back to nc, but her place got leveled... She even saw it on cnn. I am unable to make a monetary donation as i'm broke, but i've already offered help in setting up furniture and stuff like that.

It's truly unbelievable what has happened, and the full extent won't be felt or known for years. If you are able, make a donation to a reputible charity, or lend a hand if you're broke, like i did. I guess i just needed to type some things to my internet peeps regarding my feelings. I suppose this is a better forum to vent than sticking my head into a bottle of jack daniels as i did after the terrorist attacks. Anyhow, that's my feelings and i'm sticking to it.

Now, ignore the president and start filling up your 5 gallon wal mart gas cans!

just kidding... Prices should drop in about a week

6am-3:30pm--special ed prek teacher assistant..  that's my job

4-10pm--college to finish my teaching degree...  got a year left, yay

I went to bed early sunday night, and i've been keeping track of the death, destruction, all the crap with the looting, gas prices, etc.  All i can say is it feels like September 11, 2001 all over again.  Devestation and human suffering on american soild doesn't sit well with me at all.  Anyhow, it honestly just hit me today that this actually happened.  Because of my job and my school, i really haven't had time to think.  Well, i had 5 minutes today and all i can say is damn.  We, as in the blessed people who actually have the ability to read my message now, need to help out as much as we possibly can.  The registrar at my elementary school just moved her daughter into a french quarter apartment building the saturday before last.  She evacuated back to nc, but her place got leveled...  She even saw it on cnn.  I am unable to make a monetary donation as i'm broke, but i've already offered help in setting up furniture and stuff like that. 

It's truly unbelievable what has happened, and the full extent won't be felt or known for years.  If you are able, make a donation to a reputible charity, or lend a hand if you're broke, like i did.  I guess i just needed to type some things to my internet peeps regarding my feelings.  I suppose this is a better forum to vent than sticking my head into a bottle of jack daniels as i did after the terrorist attacks.  Anyhow, that's my feelings and i'm sticking to it. 

just kidding...  Prices should drop in about a week

426152[/snapback]

I have never seen anyhting like this with the possible exception of 9/11! The tsunami was so far away thatthe coverage wasn't "intense" enough to put it into my "mental landscape"!

Long term, this could be really abd!

Also, there are so many poor people in this country and, for the Fox News fans, they are not alll poor because they're lazy, etc.

6am-3:30pm--special ed prek teacher assistant..  that's my job

4-10pm--college to finish my teaching degree...  got a year left, yay

I went to bed early sunday night, and i've been keeping track of the death, destruction, all the crap with the looting, gas prices, etc.  All i can say is it feels like September 11, 2001 all over again.  Devestation and human suffering on american soild doesn't sit well with me at all.  Anyhow, it honestly just hit me today that this actually happened.  Because of my job and my school, i really haven't had time to think.  Well, i had 5 minutes today and all i can say is damn.  We, as in the blessed people who actually have the ability to read my message now, need to help out as much as we possibly can.  The registrar at my elementary school just moved her daughter into a french quarter apartment building the saturday before last.  She evacuated back to nc, but her place got leveled...  She even saw it on cnn.  I am unable to make a monetary donation as i'm broke, but i've already offered help in setting up furniture and stuff like that. 

It's truly unbelievable what has happened, and the full extent won't be felt or known for years.  If you are able, make a donation to a reputible charity, or lend a hand if you're broke, like i did.  I guess i just needed to type some things to my internet peeps regarding my feelings.  I suppose this is a better forum to vent than sticking my head into a bottle of jack daniels as i did after the terrorist attacks.  Anyhow, that's my feelings and i'm sticking to it. 

just kidding...  Prices should drop in about a week

426152[/snapback]

Unfortuantley that last part of your post seems to be way off. Prices will not be dropping in the next week. Its good to think optimisic thoughts, but realistically the chances of that happening are very minimal.