There's nothing worse than a sportswriter..

Some idiot on RNews.com(whatever that is?) says that JP has yet to throw a TD pass in 3 preseason games? Correct me if I'm wrong but didn't he throw a dandy one to Evans in the Colts game? I hate stupid writers who don't do their research before printing such garbage! :P

Looks like he read your post and changed his story.

421484[/snapback]

:blink: Always happy to affect change in the national media! Go to the RNews.com segment on TwoBillsDrive homepage and you'll see where it was earlier stated that he hadn't thrown a TD pass!(must have had his editor correct him and had him print correction thinking us ravenous Bills fans wouldn't catch it) :P

Some idiot on RNews.com(whatever that is?) says that JP has yet to throw a TD pass in 3 preseason games? Correct me if I'm wrong but didn't he throw a dandy one to Evans in the Colts game? I hate stupid writers who don't do their research before printing such garbage! :P

421481[/snapback]

John Ditulio is a putz and has no business reporting sports to anyone. He can tell the super bowl score and mvp from 30 years ago but has no real insight or intelligence about the sports world.

421481[/snapback]

I thought most people became sportwriters by not doing any of their HW since the 6th grade?

I thought most people became sportwriters by not doing any of their HW since the 6th grade?

421523[/snapback]

Good one - and if that's the prerequisite, I think I qualify! :P

(Seriously, though, you DO realize most of them now have college degrees in journalism....)

(Seriously, though, you DO realize most of them now have college degrees in journalism....)

421553[/snapback]

Good investment, that! :P

"A Sports reporter's median salary was $18,000 a year and ranging from $12,500 to $30,600 in largest markets."

So what if I can't pay my student loans back, at least I can score some free sideline tix...

Good investment, that!  :P

"A Sports reporter's median salary was $18,000 a year and ranging from $12,500 to $30,600 in largest markets."

So what if I can't pay my student loans back, at least I can score some free sideline tix...

421561[/snapback]

Indeed. If I end up ditching the shift-worker's life and going to J-school - and yeah, I have been giving that some semi-serious thought - I figure in the long run I'd probably end up with about a $10K paycut.

Then again, there's something to be said for finding a job you enjoy.....

Good one - and if that's the prerequisite, I think I qualify! :P

421553[/snapback]

More likely a 'communications' degree with a minor in sports media and an internship at the newspapers sport section. Honestly, what do you have to do outside of attend the games and have a loud enough/biased opinion for the local fans to like you.

Honestly, what do you have to do outside of attend the games...

Check...

... and have a loud enough/biased opinion...

...check...

... for the local fans to like you.

421611[/snapback]

Uh-oh, I think Jerry Sullivan's in trouble on that one. :P

;) Always happy to affect change in the national media! Go to the RNews.com segment on TwoBillsDrive homepage and you'll see where it was earlier stated that he hadn't thrown a TD pass!(must have had his editor correct him and had him print correction thinking us ravenous Bills fans wouldn't catch it) :D

421492[/snapback]

In this case, I was his editor :lol: I told him about it on Saturday and it was corrected that afternoon.

AJ

I made the correction. Thanks for the e-mail.

John D.

-----Original Message-----

Sent: Sat 8/27/2005 12:56 PM

To: DL-News-RNews-Sports

Cc:

Subject: John Ditullio Error

John:

Just to let you know, JP Losman HAS in fact thrown a TD pass this preseason. It was to Lee Evans during the Indy game.

-AJ Zeppenfeld

Good going!

421876[/snapback]

I saw that he was a fellow Erie guy, so I had to make sure I helped him out.....lol

I saw that he was a fellow Erie guy, so I had to make sure I helped him out.....lol

421877[/snapback]

Erie, PA? When I was a kid, money was scarce, but we did make a couple of family visits to Erie...I thought it was as great as a journey to the ends of the Earth!...no kidding. :D

I've passed through it through the years, and still have a soft spot for the town and the folks there.

Erie, PA? When I was a kid, money was scarce, but we did make a couple of family visits to Erie...I thought it was as great as a journey to the ends of the Earth!...no kidding. :D

I've passed through it through the years, and still have a soft spot for the town and the folks there.

421885[/snapback]

Wow, small world ;) I agree, the people there are pretty great. I don't get back there as often as I used to, but I still have a lot of extended family back there.