Not surprised by games outcome....

AJ1

Mike tells the world that the Bills are going to work on the power running game and he thinks the Chicago coaches aren't listening. Did it take a preseason game to prove we can't run against a stacked defense? Better to announce our intentions to work on the long passing game and do the opposite.

And where did the idiotic first and goal at the 3 call come from if it was the power game we were concerned about?

In my mind, JP did pretty darn good in the face of moronic coaching decisions.

Mike tells the world that the Bills are going to work on the power running game and he thinks the Chicago coaches aren't listening.  Did it take a preseason game to prove we can't run against a stacked defense?  Better to announce our intentions to work on the long passing game and do the opposite.

And where did the idiotic first and goal at the 3 call come from if it was the power game we were concerned about?

In my mind, JP did pretty darn good in the face of moronic coaching decisions.

420715[/snapback]

I thought we were going to see more of Lionel Gates and the other backs for the first half. That never materialized. I guess he was playing to win this game instead of evaluating certain players. :D

I thought we were going to see more of Lionel Gates and the other backs for the first half.  That never materialized.  I guess he was playing to win this game instead of evaluating certain players.    :D

420727[/snapback]

Actually, the playing time everyone has recieved has been pretty standard.

A rough guideline for starters:

Game 1: 2-3 series. Sometimes 1 if you are a Brett Favre type vet, 3 for guys like JP.

Game 2: Again, depending on experience, 1-2 series into the second quarter.

Game 3: 1-2 series into 3rd.

Game 4: A series or two. I would expect JP to see a few series, but most of the Defense will see one.

I don't know why everyone seems to think this is new. It's the same thing every year.

And who the hell cares if Mularkey gave away the game plan. MAYBE he WANTED to see how well the team could respond to a stacked run D. Apparently, they need more work at it.

MAYBE he WANTED to see how well the team could respond to a stacked run D.

Wait a second...you mean to tell me Mike Mularkey used a pre-season game strictly to see how certain players would perform in certain situations?

What the hell is THAT??!!?? :D

Wait a second...you mean to tell me Mike Mularkey used a pre-season game strictly to see how certain players would perform in certain situations?

What the hell is THAT??!!??  :D

420779[/snapback]

You mean he had Nate fumble that ball to see how the team reacted.

Or Jp fumbled and run backwards from the Bears 3 just to see how the team reacted.

Or Willis losing one, wanted to see how the defense would react.

Damn, thanks for clearing that up. I thought those were mistakes. My fault it was a genious plan to see how the team was a whole would react to bad situations. Pretty good coaching getting those players to buy into it without letting it out and telling the rest of the team.