LAMP- Anyone from the Columbus area?

Next weekend I will be heading up to Columbus to watch my beloved Miami U Redhawks take on Ohio State. Regardless of the outcome of the game, it should be a good time. I was wondering if anyone from the area knows of good bars to go to before the game that are close to the stadium. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated!

Wow, where to begin!!! First off, you have a good attitude considering how the Buckeyes are going to make Miami look silly. Anyway, gamedays on campus are quite packed, an estimated 250,000-300,000 on campus. The Varsity Club or "VC" is an OSU tradition, however it is packed and plan on getting there early. And by early I mean like really, really early. Hineygate is a large outdoor party with big screens, live bands, a lots of alcohol. Your best bet is with Hineygate. Oh, and where are your seats?

Thanks for the help! I think Miami will keep it respectable but by no means am I expecting us to win. Our seats are in sec 338 row 40. I didn't expect them to be great but it will be cool just to be there. Also, if I wear a Miami shirt into the game and keep my mouth shut will I be ok? I can handle the sh-- talking, etc. but I just don't want to get into any dicey situations.

Oh, you will be fine. Plus, once inside the stadium there are no beer sales so it limits the idiots. You might get a few Miami sucks thrown at you but nothing more than that. As long as the M on your hat is red and white and not maize and blue you will be fine. I have a lot of friends I went to high school with that go to Miami that are coming up. The game should be a lot of fun. Yeah, you will be at the top of the south stands...I think. There isn't really a bad seat, unless you get a pole in B deck, but you will be fine.

Oh, you will be fine. Plus, once inside the stadium there are no beer sales so it limits the idiots. You might get a few Miami sucks thrown at you but nothing more than that. As long as the M on your hat is red and white and not maize and blue you will be fine. I have a lot of friends I went to high school with that go to Miami that are coming up. The game should be a lot of fun. Yeah, you will be at the top of the south stands...I think. There isn't really a bad seat, unless you get a pole in B deck, but you will be fine.

420708[/snapback]

Don't forget to account for the booze transported into the stadium "undercover". Went to the NC State game 2 yrs ago and saw 2 pints of Jack brought in and emptied by halftime.

If anybody gives you a hard time, remind them that Woody Hayes also coached at Miami.

There are always some gut busting Gomers who will talk their little town smack but most people will care more about the game than you. There are a lot of Grandmas and people of all ages but that is part of the tradition of OSU football. The fans are reactionary, they tend to wait for things to happen before getting into the game. Hand sitting can be contagious. If the game is tight or the Bucks aren't moving the ball or God forbid the Buckeyes are losing then the mood can get foul. However, I have never seen OSU crowds degenerate to anything close to the convict mentality in NFL stadiums. The students won't be in session yet as they are on the quarter system. So, the co-eds won't be in full force. :D

Be cordial to your neighbors, talk football and things should stay cool. You should have fun as OSU football games are a great experience.

There was / is a bar Out-R-Inn on Frambes Street, near High Street across from the campus that was fun. The powers that be eradicated many of the bars that used to line High Street which in part was a reason for the riots / bonfires of recent years.

Here is a link to info about the bar:

http://cityguide.aol.com/columbus/entertai...?sbid=105236557