The bottom lines are this

Rayzer32

Since we have the impressed and the depressed dukeing it out today about the game last night, here are the bottom lines.

1. It's only pre-season.

2. The offense regressed last night and pretty much sucked.

3. Defense/ST still at the top of their games.

4. Chad Hutchinson......you can't polish a turd.

It does not take a rocket scientist to figure out that if the Bills O does not take some big steps forward, we will be lucky to finish at 8-8 this year. And as usual, the main catylist to this problem - the o-line. A mediocore o-line and a inexperienced QB, learning on the job, do not make a good combo.

Myself, I really don't care what happens until week 1, but if we take it in the dirt chute against Houston, then I start to ponder the future this season. I am not making any decisions until I see the team when it counts.

Since we have the impressed and the depressed dukeing it out today about the game last night, here are the bottom lines.

1.  It's only pre-season.

OK

2.  The offense regressed last night and pretty much sucked.

OK

3.  Defense/ST still at the top of their games.

OK

4.  Chad Hutchinson......you can't polish a turd.

Agreed

It does not take a rocket scientist to figure out that if the Bills O does not take some big steps forward, we will be lucky to finish at 8-8 this year.  And as usual, the main catylist to this problem - the o-line.  A mediocore o-line and a inexperienced QB, learning on the job, do not make a good combo.

Disagree - with the D and ST the way they are, the offense does not have to take major steps for this team to be successful, just not lose games. With the D we have, we should be in most games but they will be close & low scoring. Even though our O stunk against Chi, we win that game if our first team D is in.

Myself, I really don't care what happens until week 1, but if we take it in the dirt chute against Houston, then I start to ponder the future this season.  I am not making any decisions until I see the team when it counts.

Dropping the first game does not mean Armageddon - last season we dropped the first four and still were 1 game from the playoffs. Perhaps it takes a week or two for JP to develop his groove, maybe Parrish's return helps open some things up, etc. A re-evaluation at the end of Sept. might be more appropriate.

420463[/snapback]

I'd certainly stay away from making any predictions until after the final cuts.

And I'm not one for buying into "hiding" certain sets 'till the season starts...I'm guessing that NFL coaches have seen it all before countless times. :(  May as well practice it...

420473[/snapback]

I agree. Why would a team with an inexperienced QB play vanilla. I think they are trying the gameplan they have built for JP. Better to find out in the preseason if it's gonna work rather than the 1st 4 games of the regular season.

The D on the other hand could play vanilla and still stonewall most of the teams in the league.

1.  It's only pre-season.

2.  The offense regressed last night and pretty much sucked.

3.  Defense/ST still at the top of their games.

4.  Chad Hutchinson......you can't polish a turd.

It does not take a rocket scientist to figure out that if the Bills O does not take some big steps forward, we will be lucky to finish at 8-8 this year.  And as usual, the main catylist to this problem - the o-line.  A mediocore o-line and a inexperienced QB, learning on the job, do not make a good combo.

Myself, I really don't care what happens until week 1, but if we take it in the dirt chute against Houston, then I start to ponder the future this season.  I am not making any decisions until I see the team when it counts.

420463[/snapback]

Posters who think rationaly don't really care about the final score. They're worried about the performance of the 1st teamers on O. Are they ready? Can they execute? etc, and so forth.

The line needs to improve before September if we are to even have a winning record. Blocking for Willis seems alot harder now. They can't do it 1 on 1 and that's really sad.

And JP is not leading us to the Super Bowl. The team hasn't asked him to do that. Yet.

This was the game all the naysayers were waiting for. It was a stinker. In a way, I'm glad it came in pre-season so JP can getthis out of his system, but hopefully learn from the mistakes he made. The O-line is problem #1. JP's inexperience is problem #2. But even Wilis and the WRs had a bad game too.

PTR

This was the game all the naysayers were waiting for.  It was a stinker.  In a way, I'm glad it came in pre-season so JP can getthis out of his system, but hopefully learn from the mistakes he made.  The O-line is problem #1.  JP's inexperience is problem #2.  But even Wilis and the WRs had a bad game too.

PTR

420498[/snapback]

It was an ugly display for sure. The offense was downright offensive in all aspects.