Bills vs. Bears

Lori

Ditto Lori a great job.

On substance i agree with the post above that Cieslak and Trafford were headed tiward a cut with Campbell, Euhus, Everett and Neufeld on the roster ahead of them.

However, with Campbell looking good so far but coming off an ACL injury, Euhus not only coming off an ACL injury but now out indefinitely with a shoulder ouchee, and Everett likely gone for the season, we are pretty close to javing that pinch at TE the Buffalo News mentioned as even creating a need to use Peters at TE rather than LT.

(I know I should drop this but we are close to see i told ya).

I was at that Bills Bears game 3 years ago. I was in 9th grade at the time and it's the only Bills game I've ever been to. (I live in VA) Man that was amazing when Henry scored that TD in overtime even though I was sitting in the very last row in the stadium. I'll never forget it.

The Bears seem pretty damn confident coming into tonight's game, with Chad Hutchinson really trying to show that he can lead this team to victory in 2005. My guess is that we'll lose because even though its still preseason, this game means MUCH more to the Bears in terms of trying to show the NFL that they wont just roll over now that Grossman is out for 2-3 months.

I also think Losman struggles BIG TIME against the Bears starting Defense.

Thanks for the kind words, everyone.

Not sure how I'm going to approach this yet, but I was thinking about just using the blog function to archive previous weeks - or just posting them there in the first place, and linking from the Wall. We'll see - still got a couple of weeks to figure something out....

I was glad to see that you brought up Sid Luckman, and because of that I ask you and everyone else here. Has the Bears offensive philosophy changed at all since the 50's? I can't even think of a Bears WR in the Hall of Fame. It just seems the Bears still play with a power offense scheme, with sub-par QB's. Just my opinion.

I think the ghost of George Halas still haunts the offices at Soldier Field, whispering "thouuuuu shall not passsssss." (Not that they haven't tried to find a good QB - since picking Jim McMahon in the first round of the 1982 draft, they've spent three other #1 picks on the position. For whatever reason, though - coaching philosophy, injuries, or just plain bad drafting in the case of Cade McNown - they've never been able to find 'the guy'....)

Even in the 15-1 Super Bowl season of 1985, Chicago relied on running the ball - an unbelievable 610 carries for 2761 yards and 27 rushing TDs - and playing great defense. McMahon et al. only totaled 17 TD passes that year, for a team that was #2 in the league in scoring. Willie Gault led the Bears WRs in catches (33) and yards (704) with numbers that would have ranked a distant third on the 2004 Bills club.

They won their three playoff games by a combined score of 91-10; the Pats were the only opponent to even find the scoreboard....

You can't think of a Bears WR in the Hall of Fame, because in the modern (post-WWII) era, there aren't any. Other than TE Mike Ditka, all modern Bears enshrinees are either RBs, linemen, or defensive players. Bears football.

Let's just hope the Bills come away with no injuries in this one.

419285[/snapback]

Amen to that.