When does Potential become bust?

Steven in MD

I am not ragging on MM any player, coach or GM....how many games does MM get before we say...he is not a good coach? How many games (years) does a rookie get before they are considered a bust?

I think if this team is 5-5 or 4-6 after 10 games, it is time to believe that the problem is not coaching, but that this team is not built right. Any thoughts?

I am not ragging on MM any player, coach or GM....how many games does MM get before we say...he is not a good coach?  How many games (years) does a rookie get before they are considered a bust? 

28955[/snapback]

Coaches should get 2 years before we lable them a bust or a success (unless they take a team deep into the playoffs before then).

I am not ragging on MM any player, coach or GM....how many games does MM get before we say...he is not a good coach?  How many games (years) does a rookie get before they are considered a bust? 

I think if this team is 5-5 or 4-6 after 10 games, it is time to believe that the problem is not coaching, but that this team is not built right.  Any thoughts?

28955[/snapback]

I guess it would depend on the players he's given. Mularkey didn't walk into a team that was just torn apart because of a salary cap emergency, the way GW did. So I'd give Mularkey 2 years. If the Bills aren't in the playoffs by next year and it's clear that it's his fault, then he's gone.

I would say a player becomes a bust when he loses his starting job or gets cut(ala Erik Flowers)

A coach should get 1 and half years or so before being considered a bust....

After yesterday's game i think MM wont be a bust...He showed he knows how to manage a game....Now he just show if he can get these guys fired up, next week will be a big test for this team...

I think after the GW experience, we all gave him alot of time to prove himself, and he never did. I do not want to keep believing that MM is turning the ship around, if in fact he is not able to do it.

Actually, after watching the game, I do not think the issue is coaching. I think the issue is that there are not enough "Steven Tasker" type players on the team. They have some great players...just no lunch pail types.

It was his first head coaching "start" in the NFL, I'm more interested in seeing how he gets the players to respond the following week. If the Bills fly out to the west coast and pick up a win after sunday's heartbreaker, I'm going to be feeling pretty good about this team.