Corp CEO conference call

HopsGuy

It's more finance related than political, but this is an interesting read. The CEO of Overstock.com, Patrick Byrne, is suing some hedge funds and analysts for allegedly manipulating his stock and selling short naked (selling without actually borrowing the shares and delivering to the buyer).

Here's the transcript. It's a PDF document, so you'll need Adobe Acrobat reader to view it. The guy sounds a bit nuts, but there are some valid concerns raised about naked shorting. The invocation of the Sith Lord is classic.

He was on CNBC earlier this week with a "point-counter point" battle with Jeff Matthews. Matthews has been skewering Byrne in his blog for a long time. It was interesting television.

Disclosure: I own some OSTK puts.

It's more finance related than political, but this is an interesting read.  The CEO of Overstock.com, Patrick Byrne, is suing some hedge funds and analysts for allegedly manipulating his stock and selling short naked (selling without actually borrowing the shares and delivering to the buyer).

Here's the transcript.  It's a PDF document, so you'll need Adobe Acrobat reader to view it.  The guy sounds a bit nuts, but there are some valid concerns raised about naked shorting.  The invocation of the Sith Lord is classic.

He was on CNBC earlier this week with a "point-counter point" battle with Jeff Matthews.  Matthews has been skewering Byrne in his blog for a long time.  It was interesting television.

Disclosure:  I own some OSTK puts.

412193[/snapback]

Did I see the name Einhorn in there?

Finkel and Einhorn...Einhorn and Finkel...