Preseason on Direct TV

nero47

Does anyone know if the preseason games are shown on directtv, and if so whether they will be showing the Bills game at Saddlejacks in Daytona Beach this week. I know the people who run the place are from Rochester and big Bills Fans.

OBTW :

After scrutinizing our opponents scoring and defensing (pts for and against) at home and away,(against our own abilities) for last year. I predict the following two possible outcomes:

either a 9-7 season again ( no playoffs) or

11-5 (playoffs)

It was very interesting to see how poorly some teams played in their own stadium.

Here are all the games and the times they will air: NFL Network Preseason Schedule

Your best bet is to TIVO or watch the first showing of the games.  It seems they like to cut into the 2nd showings of the games.  I believe this is a schedule for the 1st showings.

412248[/snapback]

good point. When I watched the Bills/Colts game on Monday they skipped most of the 3rd quarter. I forgot about that.

good point.  When I watched the Bills/Colts game on Monday they skipped most of the 3rd quarter.  I forgot about that.

412253[/snapback]

Yeah, i called DirecTV and asked them about it. I don't know why I thought they would know. I was on hold for a while and then they said that the only explanation they could give me was that the schedule is set for the first showing. The schedule for the 2nd showing is not set in stone. It was say that they will show it on your guide another time, but they have the freedom to tailor it to the time slot as needed. THe first showing will be uninterrupted (so they say) but must fit the 3 hrs. They can edit it in any way. I was surprised DirecTV helped me with this question. They said they have some of the answers because it is a contract with the programming. Whatever.

good point.  When I watched the Bills/Colts game on Monday they skipped most of the 3rd quarter.  I forgot about that.

412253[/snapback]

I wouldn't go by this website schedule at all. According to it, the first showing of the Packers game is Monday, but I've got it set to record at (I think) 3am Sunday morning. If you have TiVo and Buffalo Bills are used as keyword (why wouldn't you?), it will show the game to be on channel 212 at 3am Sunday.

If you watch on Monday, that's when you're probably getting all the cut-ins and crap. I didn't know what everyone was griping about with the Colts game. I recorded the first (unscheduled) showing on Monday. No interuptions, though there were a few edits to conserve time. The Wednesday showing must have been the one where they broke into Jags camp.

SUNDAY, August 21, 3am - Channel 212. Be there!