So whats the gameplan for Oakland?

Thailog80

good question. the jags had 2 VERY good DTs, and they stoped us most of the time. we cant run up the middle, so toss plays and of tackle plays should be run alot. i liked our screens and our O-Line protected bledsoe so that makes me feel better.

but, i dont want to say its a must win vs. the raiders, but 0-2 and we have to play the pats, is NOT a good begining to a season.

good question. the jags had 2 VERY good DTs, and they stoped us most of the time. we cant run up the middle, so toss plays and of tackle plays should be run alot. i liked our screens and our O-Line protected bledsoe so that makes me feel better.

but, i dont want to say its a must win vs. the raiders, but 0-2 and we have to play the pats, is NOT a good begining to a season.

28778[/snapback]

While I agree that we couldn't run up the middle against jacksonville, generally one of the best ways to attack a 3-4 front is to pound it up the gut. Maybe it won't work, but I definately think it's worth a shot first. Rich Gannon and his crew of geriatrics don't frighten me much.

Bash 'em. Use Henry and bring McGahee in earlier to spell him. Tire out the fat DTs. Force the DBs to support the run and tire them out making tackles. Woodson missed camp, and Buchannon is fragile, so be physical with them as often as possible.

Oakland gave up 91 yards to Staley in Pittsburgh and 3 goaline TD runs, so Ted and Sapp aren't invincible.

The Bills should control the clock like the Bills did against the Jags. The Jags big DTs were in their early 20's, Oakland DTs are in their 30s.

I'd consider bringing McGahee in for short yardage situations.

Oakland can't run, and their Oline is suspect, so I'd attack Gannon as often as possible. Forcing the Raiders O into some early 3 and outs will also help to wear down Oakland's D.

Oakland gave up 91 yards to Staley in Pittsburgh and 3 goaline TD runs,  so Ted and Sapp aren't invincible.

28796[/snapback]

That's the bottom line right there. If Duce Staley can run for 91 yards on Oakland, I don't think Travis and co. will have a problem. We're going to be able to run at will on them. And note to Gannon: you won't be playing the Steelers soft secondary next Sunday. The Raiders O will be shut down.