Can hardly contain my excitement...my sons team

I am an assistant coach on the team this year.....

We went through "hellweek" last week.....started off with 40 something kids and it is now down to 35.

Our division is the "midgets" it is kind of a ragtag weight class between Pee Wee and freshman high school......

The work my kid put in the offseason really paid off as far as his speed/quickness goes.....he still isn't the fastest kid on the team but his is right up at the head of the pack.....I would say 3rd fastest in a group of kids where just about everyone is older......

We got equipment this weekend and have first full contact tonight....my boys chompin at the bit....and I have to admit I am pretty excited about it as well.....I hate conditioning week because it really is like torture for the kids.......

Yeah I hear you on that.....

It is pretty funny actually.....I am at the field with him every day but I see LESS of him then in any other year I can remember.....

I asked to help out in an area that my son was not a candidate for......so as not to start a contiversy like we had last year......

He is being looked at FB and LB.....so I am coaching on the line. This past week every once in a while I will hear some hoots and hollars behind me and I will catch a glimpse of him getting some props from a coach.....

Then he will tell me all about it on the ride home from practice.....