Just saw Clint Eastwood

Hollywood types are in town to film "Flags of Our Fathers" a movie based on the Iwo Jima flag-raisers (and a book by the same name...It's a very good read, highly recommend [christ, I sound like Larry King :doh: ]).

Anywho, Clint's directing the film...got to within 50 feet, he's still in great shape. The scene shot today recreates the dedication of the Iwo Jima memorial in 1954. Lots of extras walking around in 1950s garb and alot of classic cars...neat stuff.

The movie will be in theatres next year.

Im currently reading the author's second book, "Flyboys."

Amazing read.

402026[/snapback]

Very good book. I lent it to CTM but I don't think he's gotten to it yet. Lot's of insight that one usually doesn't get from a WW2 piece.

Hollywood types are in town to film "Flags of Our Fathers" a movie based on the Iwo Jima flag-raisers (and a book by the same name...It's a very good read, highly recommend [christ, I sound like Larry King  :doh: ]).

Anywho, Clint's directing the film...got to within 50 feet, he's still in great shape.  The scene shot today recreates the dedication of the Iwo Jima memorial in 1954.  Lots of extras walking around in 1950s garb and alot of classic cars...neat stuff.

The movie will be in theatres next year.

402007[/snapback]

Cool. Wish I had known, would have wandered down there. He was pretty cool when he came to Savannah to film Midnight. Ran across him in a jazz club. Very personable man.

Very good book. I lent it to CTM but I don't think he's gotten to it yet. Lot's of insight that one usually doesn't get from a WW2 piece.

402051[/snapback]

This is my first venture into a WWII piece and so far, Im amazed. It has tremendous insight into the Japanese culture and history which led to the attacks on Pearl Harbor and China. And brutally describes how countries conducted themselves leading up to and during the War. Every time I read another account, I want to find the nearest !@#$ bitching about some terrorist not getting a Koran or complaining about how our troops "behave" in combat and just slap them silly.

This is my first venture into a WWII piece and so far, Im amazed. It has tremendous insight into the Japanese culture and history which led to the attacks on Pearl Harbor and China. And brutally describes how countries conducted themselves leading up to and during the War. Every time I read another account, I want to find the nearest !@#$ bitching about some terrorist not getting a Koran or complaining about how our troops "behave" in combat and just slap them silly.

402071[/snapback]

At least we're not eating anybody.

Cool. Wish I had known, would have wandered down there.

402056[/snapback]

I stumbled accross it Saturday night when we were down there for a picnic...signs warning of "No Parking August 8th, Flags of our Fathers" were posted all around (like there's ever any parking around here :doh: ). Went down there at lunch time and stuck around about a half-hour till the rains came.

I stumbled accross it Saturday night when we were down there for a picnic...signs warning of "No Parking August 8th, Flags of our Fathers" were posted all around (like there's ever any parking around here  :doh: ).  Went down there at lunch time and stuck around about a half-hour till the rains came.

402090[/snapback]

This is your supervisor. Now have your limo driver take you back here and get back to work.