In Honor of Hunter

WOW...awesome! Made me cry but then I've been doing that a lot since Friday. Please continue to keep the entire Waggoner and Kelly family in your prayers! St. Alice Kelly finally got to hold that special little boy on Friday morning! God Speed dear sweet Hunter!

WOW...awesome!  Made me cry but then I've been doing that a lot since Friday. Please continue to keep the entire Waggoner and Kelly family in your prayers!  St. Alice Kelly finally got to hold that special little boy on Friday morning! God Speed dear sweet Hunter!

401959[/snapback]

Thanks for the kind words. I'm taking it really hard as well. Aside from the time I spent with the Kellys, my son shares many of the same neurologists with Hunter. Having spent far too many days at Children's Hospital I know what a strain it is on a family. I just can't imagine what a big hole they are facing right now.

Thanks for the kind words. I'm taking it really hard as well. Aside from the time I spent with the Kellys, my son shares many of the same neurologists with Hunter. Having spent far too many days at Children's Hospital I know what a strain it is on a family. I just can't imagine what a big hole they are facing right now.

402203[/snapback]

Are you speaking of your son Ryan? I remember that you wrote about Ryan in your book, born two days after 9/11.

I don't mean to pry...just wondering.

Mike

Are you speaking of your son Ryan?  I remember that you wrote about Ryan in your book, born two days after 9/11.

I don't mean to pry...just wondering.

Mike

402329[/snapback]

Yes, it's Ryan that I'm speaking of. He has Tuberous Sclerosis which, thank God, doesn't affect life expectacy but does come with a host of other issues. Dr. Duffner, who treated Hunter, dianosed my son and Dr. Weinstock is his neurologist now.

Children's is a great, great hospital with wonderfully skilled people, but it will rip your heart out. I'm sure that I speak for many parents when I say that I am so thankful for that hospital, but I wish I'd never have had to walk inside those front doors.