tuesdays practice

well tuesdays practice was really kinda uneventful. im not gonna break down each position cuz its too long and im kinda pressed for time but heres the standouts and important players i saw today:

Standout Players:

-Terrence McGee: the kid was crazy today knocking down atleast 4 passes that i saw and playing real good man to man coverage. his style is very similar to nate clements and you can tell they worked together. expect much improved coverage from him this season.

-Ray Preston: Mularkey likes him so clearly hes doin something right. after seeing greg jerman practice at center (and getting destroyed by the D-lineman and making some terrible shotgun snaps) preston stepped in and made some nice snaps and really controlled the line. hes going to be a standout and frankly, i wouldnt mind seeing trey teague at LT w/ preston our starting Center: hes really that good

-Mario Haggan: this guy was a 7th round pick??? personally, he showed very good ability during the in-game situations but most importantly, he showed his leadership and knowlege of the game when he was in. he was constantly calling changes in the defense as the leader for the backups. i truely think he could start for most NFL teams.

-Will Peoples: made a few nice catches and might see the practice squad

-Roscoe Parrish: as good as advertised

-Lee Evans: see Roscoe Parrish

now jp losman looked alright by me. now im not going to question "billsguyinmalta" cuz i dont know him but frankly, i thought losman looked terrible during mondays morning session and just passable in the afternoon. today was more of the passable. he made the throws he had to but he didnt stand out. there were a few nice completions that would have been big gains but not much else. also, note to jp: the pocket is your friend and unlike at tulane, ur linemen have some skill so use them!!! he still runs too much for my liking.

greg jerman has no chance to make this team. anyone who was at mondays afternoon session probably saw (or heard) takeo level him in some blocking drill and today, as mentioned earlier, he was awful again.

fast freddie smith had a subpar practice as he dropped around 2-3 balls which isnt bad but they were definitely catchable. hes now fighting for a roster spot with Peoples making some nice plays.

well tuesdays practice was really kinda uneventful. im not gonna break down each position cuz its too long and im kinda pressed for time but heres the standouts and important players i saw today:

Standout Players:

-Terrence McGee: the kid was crazy today knocking down atleast 4 passes that i saw and playing real good man to man coverage. his style is very similar to nate clements and you can tell they worked together. expect much improved coverage from him this season.

-Ray Preston: Mularkey likes him so clearly hes doin something right. after seeing greg jerman practice at center (and getting destroyed by the D-lineman and making some terrible shotgun snaps) preston stepped in and made some nice snaps and really controlled the line. hes going to be a standout and frankly, i wouldnt mind seeing trey teague at LT w/ preston our starting Center: hes really that good

-Mario Haggan: this guy was a 7th round pick??? personally, he showed very good ability during the in-game situations but most importantly, he showed his leadership and knowlege of the game when he was in. he was constantly calling changes in the defense as the leader for the backups. i truely think he could start for most NFL teams.

-Will Peoples: made a few nice catches and might see the practice squad

-Roscoe Parrish: as good as advertised

-Lee Evans: see Roscoe Parrish

now jp losman looked alright by me. now im not going to question "billsguyinmalta" cuz i dont know him but frankly, i thought losman looked terrible during mondays morning session and just passable in the afternoon. today was more of the passable. he made the throws he had to but he didnt stand out. there were a few nice completions that would have been big gains but not much else. also, note to jp: the pocket is your friend and unlike at tulane, ur linemen have some skill so use them!!! he still runs too much for my liking.

greg jerman has no chance to make this team. anyone who was at mondays afternoon session probably saw (or heard) takeo level him in some blocking drill and today, as mentioned earlier, he was awful again.

fast freddie smith had a subpar practice as he dropped around 2-3 balls which isnt bad but they were definitely catchable. hes now fighting for a roster spot with Peoples making some nice plays.

396809[/snapback]

Fast Freddie was frickin' awful last preseason and I couldn't figure out how he made the roster. Then he proceeded to make a bunch of big plays. He's not an NFL quality receiver, but he is a playmaker so I would be reluctant to dump him in favor of this years version of Clarence Coleman.