How well or badly did players with hockey lockout?

26 members have voted

1. 1. How well or badly did players with hockey lockout?

• Well, the game is restored to some viability with a salary cap
    • Horribly, the owners crushed the NHLPA with the lock-out
    • OK in that the game needed a cap to survive but could have had same deal without loss of a season
    • Still too early to tell as it is unclear whether the cap means peace
    • The year off was a steep price, but most players secured position overseas or hit it rich beforehand so cutback pays for sanity
    • Other

Generally, I think like the replacement situation where the NFL destroyed the NFLPA, but did it so thoroughly the NFLPA threatened to dissolve and the owners were forced into a partneship with the players, the answer is more complex than who wins and who loses the labor fight.

I think the lesson to be learned from the NFL is that by losoing the battle with the owners in the mid-80s strike, both the owners and the players ended up making more money than ever before because the owners and workers needed to co-operate or the workers union would die and when they co-operated rather than fighting then they really made the big bucks.

the nhlpa was mislead by that DB goodenow...told the players they could fight for something they werent going to win..so yea, the owners crushed them..and im glad they did

392998[/snapback]

Though if the whole story is that my salary has increased from the hundreds of thousand annual average to $1.8 milliom in the last ten years and now I have had to roll it back 24% in exchange for 6 years of living off a salary still far higher than when I first began playing hardball with my bosses I might hooe that you crush me ;ike this again.

It doesn't look like the players are hurting much at all on this one.

Generally, I think like the replacement situation where the NFL destroyed the NFLPA, but did it so thoroughly the NFLPA threatened to dissolve and the owners were forced into a partneship with the players, the answer is more complex than who wins and who loses the labor fight.

I think the lesson to be learned from the NFL is that by losoing the battle with the owners in the mid-80s strike, both the owners and the players ended up making more money than ever before because the owners and workers needed to co-operate or the workers union would die and when they co-operated rather than fighting then they really made the big bucks.

392865[/snapback]

Is this a world record of brevity from FFS. Dude , I am not one to bash, read about 50% of your posts, but i do always check for length before diving in :blush:

Exactly what the hell is the question here?

How well or badly was the outcome?

393024[/snapback]

I believe the six options in the pole should help clear things up for you. Please don't ask FFS for clarification ever again. We could end up with a masters thesis length response. :blush: