NYS Government (Again)

Well, I got news for all you academics and bureaucrats out there. The damages inflicted by this little escapade will exceed by 100 times any gain the university might realize by strong-arming the Radon family into paying for services un-rendered.

bingo.

I can't help wondering why he was registered for fall courses in the spring to begin with. In eight years of schooling, I never saw that happen. We always registered for fall courses after the spring semester - including at UB.

But on the other hand...relinquishing a scholarship does not withdraw one from a university. If the bozo was registered for classes and forgot to withdraw from the university, that's his fault, and he's liable. If, however, he did withdraw and UB says he was still registered...that's their fault. Somehow, I suspect it's the former, as I don't see anything that says he withdrew from the school, just that he gave up his scholarship. So he should pay up.

I can't help wondering why he was registered for fall courses in the spring to begin with.  In eight years of schooling, I never saw that happen.  We always registered for fall courses after the spring semester - including at UB.

But on the other hand...relinquishing a scholarship does not withdraw one from a university.  If the bozo was registered for classes and forgot to withdraw from the university, that's his fault, and he's liable.  If, however, he did withdraw and UB says he was still registered...that's their fault.  Somehow, I suspect it's the former, as I don't see anything that says he withdrew from the school, just that he gave up his scholarship.  So he should pay up.

390319[/snapback]

We always register for fall courses during the spring here at UT.