Say it ain't so....

AJ1

This thread is essentially the reason Stephen A. got a show. Not only is there talk regarding the show, there is a strong opinion of the host. Despite the fact that most of the responses indicate they hate Stephen A. and will never watch...some will, if not just to feed the hatred. Obviously it's better to have a show that people talk about hating than not talk about at all. As people have already mentioned, Jim Rome has had a 15+ year successfully career with a similar persona. (some years more successful than others, of course)

I can tell you he's very much the character you see him play on television. He's really not putting on much of an act. He actually does work hard (or at least A LOT) and has many personal relationships with the A list athletes.

That being said, like everyone else has mentioned I do think he's too polarized and negative. Jim Rome might toe the line of annoyance, but Stephen A. takes a running sprint passed it. Viewers might not mind watching someone they don't agree with - but they're not going to take 30 minutes of being yelled at for very long. I think if he manages to temper his outbursts and arrogance with even an ounce of humility he could find some long term success. Realistically - I don't see that happening.

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic