PT in the preseason

Normally you know just what to expect during preseason games. Your starting QB goes a quarter and then is pulled out. This year will be a lot different. It comes to a matter of how much experience can he get without putting him at too much risk.

I think Losman has to play the first half of the first two preseason games. The 3rd game will be 2Q+ and the last game he probably should stay in for 3 quarters, unless he shows some extreme understanding of the offense and proves he can execute. One of the tough things about this is, if he stays in, I think they have to play the starting line for just about the same amount of time. Thus putting the line at risk.

McGahee's playing time should also be interesting. Personally, I wouldn't play him for more than a quarter in any of the games. I don't think its worth the risk. Besides the guy has already proven he can run.

Interesting Thoughts. Not only would I like to see how JPL does, I'd like to see how Kelly Holcomb does with a real team. So I guess I'd go for the standard practice of having JP in there a quarter or so, then put KH in. Would we like to see if we have a #3 QB? Probably. I'm leaning toward Woodbury as our #3, as Shane M will be gone after this year.

I think we'll see a lot of the RB's Gates, Lee, and Williams in the preseason b/s we're only keeping 2 of those, plus McG and Burns. I don't like Burns but I think we'll keep him unless Lee and, say, Williams light it up in PS.