City beer consumption %

I think "minute" refers to the amount of time the mash is boiled.  The longer the boil, the higher the alcohol. (Homebrewers help me out if that's not right)

ABV= Alcohol By Volume.

381743[/snapback]

Almost. The minutes do refer to the boil time, but the longer the boil the more bitterness can be utilized from the hops employed. Since these beers are IPA's, a style that employs an aggressive hop schedule, using the boil time in the beer name makes sense. The alcohol content is determined by how many fermentable sugars that you begin with. A longer mash time may allow for a slightly higher amount of fermentable sugars, but typically to get more fermentables out of your mash you just simply increase the amount of grain that you put in.

Sadly I have to travel out of state to purchase beers like DogFish Head. North Carolina has an archaic law that caps the amount of ABV in beer that can be sold at 6%. A bill has passed the House and the senate commerce committe and is currently waiting senate approval to up this limit to 15%. Hopefully it will be passed soon despite the neo-prohibitionists / religious zealots best efforts to spew misinformation.