Going to Cleveland

for 2 Tribe games vs the Evil Empire......a couple of questions for our cleveland contingent:

1) Where are the big tribe bars before and after the game?

2) Which "nitespots" are worth hitting up?

3) When do the bars close?

3) Where can I get some "late night" food when the bars close?

TRIBE IN '05

for 2 Tribe games vs the Evil Empire......a couple of questions for our cleveland contingent:

TRIBE IN '05

380633[/snapback]

Dunno, but I'd think that an Indians or Browns fan site could be of help.

TRIBE IN '05

380633[/snapback]

1) Cooperstown is right across the street from the Jake...Alice Coopers bar

2) Hit up west 6th near the staduim. Blind pig, dive bar, and tequilla ranch are sweet

3) Bars close at 2..it sucks

4) Low late night food options, no might or jims. Your pretty much stuck with taco bell or denny's

1) Cooperstown is right across the street from the Jake...Alice Coopers bar

2) Hit up west 6th near the staduim.  Blind pig, dive bar, and tequilla ranch are sweet

3) Bars close at 2..it sucks

4) Low late night food options, no might or jims.  Your pretty much stuck with taco bell or denny's

380721[/snapback]

thanks.....sucks about the food...oh well, I may have to pack a mighty 6 pack in my cooler! :)

For those of you badmouthing my beloved Cleveland (I'm originally from West Seneca), stop it. You don't know what you're missing, and you can only wish that Buffalo was as great a place to live as Cleveland. I've lived in both cities in the last 10 years, and Cleveland is light years ahead of Buffalo in all aspects of life.

As for places to eat after the game, go to Panini's in the Flats. Get an overstuffed turkey sandwich and a beer or two. The sandwich is grilled turkey, cheese, fries, and coleslaw on freshly baked bread. Very satisfying after a night of whooping it up.

East 6th street at the top of the Flats has a lot of happening joints.

Jacobs Field is not the mistake by the lake. It is one of the nicest ball parks in the country, smart guy.

Big Tribe bars are anything open on E. 9th Street before the game.

Bars close at 0200, which is difficult for Buffalonians to comprehend (it was tough on my brother and his buddies when they came for weekends - they couldn't get used to going out at 9PM instead of 11PM!).

Have fun! Cleveland is a great place!

PM me for more information if you'd like.

The mistake on the lake...

380662[/snapback]

I went to Cincy for a game back in '99....I wouldn't be ripping on Cleveland that much seeing that the football scene in Cincy is awful at best (as far as fans/tailgating.....etc.....)bar scene was OK I guess

For those of you badmouthing my beloved Cleveland (I'm originally from West Seneca), stop it.  You don't know what you're missing, and you can only wish that Buffalo was as great a place to live as Cleveland.  I've lived in both cities in the last 10 years, and Cleveland is light years ahead of Buffalo in all aspects of life. 

As for places to eat after the game, go to Panini's in the Flats.  Get an overstuffed turkey sandwich and a beer or two.  The sandwich is grilled turkey, cheese, fries, and coleslaw on freshly baked bread.  Very satisfying after a night of whooping it up.

East 6th street at the top of the Flats has a lot of happening joints. 

Jacobs Field is not the mistake by the lake.  It is one of the nicest ball parks in the country, smart guy. 

Big Tribe bars are anything open on E. 9th Street before the game.

Bars close at 0200, which is difficult for Buffalonians to comprehend (it was tough on my brother and his buddies when they came for weekends - they couldn't get used to going out at 9PM instead of 11PM!).

Have fun!  Cleveland is a great place!

PM me for more information if you'd like.

380726[/snapback]

First of all it's guys from Long Island and Cincy busting on Cleveland.....not Buffalo!

thanks.....sucks about the food...oh well, I may have to pack a mighty 6 pack in my cooler!  :)

380724[/snapback]

I'm not so sure about that. I (hazily) remember being in the Flats a few years back and having the best damn Gyro in my life. It was from a stand which I think was right across the street from Fado.

PS I hear that Fado has closed.

I went to Cincy for a game back in '99....I wouldn't be ripping on Cleveland that much seeing that the football scene in Cincy is awful at best (as far as fans/tailgating.....etc.....)bar scene was OK I guess

380731[/snapback]

Not my hometown, and obviously Cincy football isn't exactly a big interest for me.

All things considered, its a much better town than Cleveland. :)