Miami

sfladave

I did watch the game and I was dumbfounded that Wanny pulled Fiedler out at the half. I was surprised not because I thought Fiedler was doing a good job, he was awful, but because Wanny is known to be very conservative and sloth-like in making adjustments. It sent a message to the rest of the team that everyone is on a VERY short leash. I actually wondered if this was truly Wanny's decision or if it came from upstairs.

The fish seemed to be in total disarray throughout much of the game. In the 1st half their starting RB Minor sprained an ankle ,Sammy Morris was carted off to the lockeroom, and the pass attack was non existent with Fiedler (5/13 42yds, 0 TD, 2 INT).

The second half didn't fare much better for the fish. To his credit Feely did come out and momentarily put some life into the fish (21/34 168 yds, 1 TD, 1 INT). His passes were MUCH better than Fiedler's, they were crisp and on target. BUT there were simply too many negatives working against the fish offense. Although Feely looked much better than Fiedler, it was obvious that it hurt him not getting the majority of snaps this week. Lamar Gordon took the majority of rush attempts (12 of 20) and he just joined the fish this week! He could not have known the schemes that well, especially the pass blocking.

The bottom line is that the fish need some time to get the offense together.

AJ Feely- Will be the starter next week and he looks like he can capably lead this team.

Lamar Gordon- Will be the feature back for the fish and once he gets a few games (and the playbook) under belt. He will improve from his 12 attempts, 32 yds, 2.7avg performance today.

Wanny- May be the 1st HC fired this season. He formulated a terrible game plan. It looked like the fish were winging it the entire game.

While they looked bad today the fish are not that bad. The defense limited the Titans to 243 total yds (only 73 passing). Once the offense starts to gel they will be able to beat some teams, but I think a high draft pick, not a playoff run is what will result from the 2004 season.

You can prod this bear, but while this bear may not have any teeth, it does have sharp claws and they can still hurt you.

"Wanny- May be the 1st HC fired this season. He formulated a terrible game plan. It looked like the fish were winging it the entire game.

Yeah....what a piece of stevestojan game plan....he should have accounted for and been ready for his 1st string and 2nd string backs to BOTH be injured by the end of the 1st half....I know Belichick would have been ready for it! Prolly didn't help any not having Rob Konrad out there, but, he knew that going in....

Lamar Gordon was there for 2 days before the game....2.

I'll tell you one thing.....Jay Fiedler let the Coach down bigtime, he hitched his wagon to Fee Fee's big ears and they just didn't hold up under the pressure. Both his crucial picks came with very good pass protection, just terrible decisions w/ poor execution....1 in scoring position and the other on Titan's side of the field...

Feeley will get his shot to take 80% of the snaps with the first team and should have more continuity with the O-Line and skill position players....Feeley's pick returned for a TD was a mis-read on the part of GORDON....it was an option route that the inexperienced Gordon read wrong.....

too many turnovers and penalties killed them yesterday, things that happen when you're not playing well...

Very good post sfldave1....I just don't see the Fish front office canning Wanny during the year in what has already been a tumultuous off-season leading into game 1....as bad as Wanny can be...stability is what the Fins need right now...

"Wanny- May be the 1st HC fired this season. He formulated a terrible game plan. It looked like the fish were winging it the entire game.

Yeah....what a piece of stevestojan game plan....he should have accounted for and been ready for his 1st string and 2nd string backs to BOTH be injured by the end of the 1st half....I know Belichick would have been ready for it!  Prolly didn't help any not having Rob Konrad out there, but, he knew that going in....

Lamar Gordon was there for 2 days before the game....2.

I'll tell you one thing.....Jay Fiedler let the Coach down bigtime, he hitched his wagon to Fee Fee's big ears and they just didn't hold up under the pressure. Both his crucial picks came with very good pass protection, just terrible decisions w/ poor execution....

Feeley will get his shot to take 80% of the snaps with the first team and should have more continuity with the O-Line and skill position players....Feeley's pick returned for a TD was a mis-read on the part of GORDON....it was an option route that the inexperienced Gordon read wrong.....

too many turnovers and penalties killed them yesterday, things that happen when you're not playing well...

Very good post sfldave1....I just don't see the Fish front office canning Wanny during the year in what has already been a tumultuous off-season leading into game 1....as bad as Wanny can be...stability is what the Fins need right now...

27359[/snapback]

I was hoping you'd provide some insight to the game. From what I read, your defense did a great job holding off McNair and company, and if not for one of FeeFee's bad picks (one was in the endzone, fumbled and recovered again by Tenn?), you were in this game. Unfortunately, defense may win championships, but not by themselves.