Dr Zs new Article

Just read is new article on SI.He is talking about a book one of the uber geeks of football has just published. Here are some quotes,and the link at the end.

If it were just a collection of numbers, I wouldn't be spending this much time on it, but here's the thing that caught my eye: the quality of the observations. We are constantly being deluged by crap, by cliches, whether in the newspapers or on TV. The same old blah blah, how much fun Brett Favre is having out there ... after he has thrown his third interception. What a great team guy Terrell Owens has turned into ... after Donovan McNabb walks almost the entire length of the bench to get away from him. Ray Lewis' great leadership ... because he's got the old fist-in-the-air routine down pat. And so forth.

Two things that I like best are ripping the established stars or basic untouchables who seldom get that treatment, and praising the unknowns. Here are a couple of major league rips.

Eli Manning: "One of the things I can't stand as an analyst is hype. Some of the PR in this league simply bugs me no end, and the Eli Manning PR probably bugs me more than just about any other. Eli played so poorly last year that at one point I pulled out the thesaurus, as I simply couldn't find the words to describe how poorly Eli Manning was playing ... Abominable, appalling, deplorable, ghastly and unsightly all seemed to hit the spot. Eli's list of mistakes was nearly as long as Mike Vick's."

Would love to see this guys take on Drew

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2005/writ...tems/index.html

Would love to see this guys take on Drew

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2005/writ...tems/index.html

369747[/snapback]

As well as the previously mentioned

"Abominable, appalling, deplorable, ghastly and unsightly"

I suspecdt he would pull out words like Putrid, disastrous, ridiculous, stubborn, and Putrid, just F'n Putrid.

See ya Drew