Going to Chicago with the wife...

Venetian night is Saturday.  I have heard good things about it but never been there myself.

http://metromix.chicagotribune.com/search/...0,1474190.event

392288[/snapback]

The Art Institute is pretty cool. You can pretend you're Ferris Bueller and stare at all the paintings. Also the Robie House is a Frank Lloyd Wright designed house that looks a lot like a smaller version of the Darwin MArtin House in Buffalo.

bump....any more suggestions...We are leaving tommorow morning :doh:

392277[/snapback]

Was just there last week on vacation. If you are driving, DON'T plan on arriving during rush hour and once you get to your destination, park your car and leave it there. If you are flying in, don't rent a car. Driving is crazy downtown and parking is EXPENSIVE. Take a shuttle from the airport and then walk or take a cab wherever you go..

Besides that, great city!

We were just in Chicago this past weekend. Our highlights that weren't already mentioned in this thread:

The Museum of Science and Industry has a couple great exhibits that we really enjoyed - U-505 and Body Worlds.

Flat Top Grill

Blue Man Group

We also took a great bike ride on the bike path along the shore and stopped in at Navy Pier. It was a great weekend. Fun city.

I just got back from Chicago on a business trip. It was my first time and I fell in love with the city! I went to see the white Sox v. Red Sox game. IT was teh worst big league park I have ever been too but the best game I ever saw!

I ate at Mike Ditka's resteraunt! It was an interesting place and I am glad I went. I also went to the Weber Grill. That was a trip.

Best food was in Greektown. Wow - put Buffalo Greek food to shame!