Short Rant

Rove

What supposedly passes for politics around here is really getting old. We should set up a forum for them and let them post here to their hearts content. What a bunch of 10 year olds. At least they'd have to obey some rules or get banned. I'm more and more convinced that none of them actually believe in anything - the big dogs and operators, not the worker bees. I know a lot of worker bees that are very dedicated, and trying to do their best. I've also met staffers from both sides that I won't even talk to at this point. I see some of the stuff, interviews and what not reported through the news, and am fortunately (or unfortunately) in a position to spot the out and out lies - both sides. But, most of us day to day aren't lucky enough to have those insights - so we're stuck with whatever media venture we subscribe to - which at least 50% of the time (at least in my narrow lane) wrong.

This is like watching some of the deleted threads on TSW, only - it's serious. These people aren't even remotely believable at this juncture.

This is really starting to suck. We're going to get hurt. I'm not talking about terrorists or N. Korea or whatever, I'm talking about an Elected National Government that would sell their own daughters into prostitution if it let them get in front of a camera once in a while.

Political "Leadership" = RJ

Semi end of semi rant.

You just figured this out.

Here I thought you were a smart guy.  Not on the same IQ level as BF mind you, but still above average for poster here.

367321[/snapback]

I was content to ignore it until it started getting in my way.

I was content to ignore it until it started getting in my way.

367335[/snapback]

Do you have to deal with Budgets, contracts, program funding levels, and making sure they all match? If not I understand why it took so long. It's nice watching a congressional hearing about stuff your working on get slammed, or even praised. Because you know damn well you lose or gain millions in a task order within 30 days.

Do you have to deal with Budgets, contracts, program funding levels, and making sure they all match?  If not I understand why it took so long.  It's nice watching a congressional hearing about stuff your working on get slammed, or even praised.  Because you know damn well you lose or gain millions in a task order within 30 days.

367338[/snapback]

Money is the least of our issues.

Rove

What supposedly passes for politics around here is really getting old. We should set up a forum for them and let them post here to their hearts content. What a bunch of 10 year olds. At least they'd have to obey some rules or get banned. I'm more and more convinced that none of them actually believe in anything - the big dogs and operators, not the worker bees. I know a lot of worker bees that are very dedicated, and trying to do their best. I've also met staffers from both sides that I won't even talk to at this point. I see some of the stuff, interviews and what not reported through the news, and am fortunately (or unfortunately) in a position to spot the out and out lies - both sides. But, most of us day to day aren't lucky enough to have those insights - so we're stuck with whatever media venture we subscribe to - which at least 50% of the time (at least in my narrow lane) wrong.

This is like watching some of the deleted threads on TSW, only - it's serious. These people aren't even remotely believable at this juncture.

This is really starting to suck. We're going to get hurt. I'm not talking about terrorists or N. Korea or whatever, I'm talking about an Elected National Government that would sell their own daughters into prostitution if it let them get in front of a camera once in a while.

Political "Leadership" = RJ

Semi end of semi rant.

367312[/snapback]

That's what you get for reelecting Bush. If Kerry were in the White House, all of this would have been fixed by now...

I didn't want to go partisan - because that's not my point - but I put the base of my rant squarely at the feet of the democrats. The administration is being politically reactive, which hurts anything trying to get done about anything, IMO. Dems want it back so bad that they will eat their young for it - damn the country, we don't count for much.

I didn't want to go partisan - because that's not my point - but I put the base of my rant squarely at the feet of the democrats. The administration is being politically reactive, which hurts anything trying to get done about anything, IMO. Dems want it back so bad that they will eat their young for it - damn the country, we don't count for much.

367376[/snapback]

I know. But I like to take open ended shots at Kerry. Politicians and rich political parties piss me off.

367376[/snapback]

Its something thats pretty common to US politics throughout history, winning elections in the US being more important then ideological standpoints.