(OT) Dale Carnegie Training

One of my co-workers suggested I take a stress management workshop through Dale Carnegie. Apparently her father took it and it has done wonders for him. Anyone here ever have any experience with any of these workshops?

Thanks

One of my co-workers suggested I take a stress management workshop through Dale Carnegie. Apparently her father took it and it has done wonders for him. Anyone here ever have any experience with any of these workshops?

Thanks

360584[/snapback]

Yeah, I took it. I really enjoyed it. It actually reduced my stress level alot and helped me talk in small and large groups much better. It is a bit weird though.

Thanks

360584[/snapback]

The Carnegie program has been around for a long time. I've not taken it, but back in the '70's and '80's I knew several folks who did so, and they were positive about it.

IIRC, one of the things in it is that is that rather saying that others don't understand me, it's up to you to make yourself understandable to others. And recognizing that there are people who for whatever reason, are only happy if they can hurt others and avoiding them, in graceful fashion.

A study in personal responsibility.

The Carnegie program has been around for a long time. I've not taken it, but back in the '70's and '80's I knew several folks who did so, and they were positive about it.

IIRC, one of the things in it is that is that rather saying that others don't understand me, it's up to you to make yourself understandable to others.  And recognizing that there are people who for whatever reason, are only happy if they can hurt others and avoiding them, in graceful fashion.

A study in personal responsibility.

361213[/snapback]

:devil:

Maybe all of us at TBD/TSW can take the course? Can we get a group rate?

:doh:

I have heard the "How to win friends and influence people" CD’s and they are great! I would recommend them to everyone. They really give insight. You can most likely find them in your local library.

Jeff

362152[/snapback]

Yeah, you learn how to kiss ass more than you thought possible.