Is Dan Rather finished?

RunTheBall

I am no fan of journalists in general. I think they rank right not far behind ambulance chasers and politicians. That being said, I always thought the network news anchors had a tad bit more integrity than your run-of-the-mill cable news anchor.

If Dan Rather used forged documents to make a case against GW (whether you like W or not) which could potentially infuence a large number of people in the presidential election(which I doubt) then I don't think he can do anything but resign. His journalistic integrity (now there's an oxymoron) would be absolutely shot. CBS news would have to do an awful lot of damage control to survive intact.

I doubt even if the documents are a fake that anything at all will happen. I doubt Rather will even admit it on the air. He'll probably state something like "There is some concern over the authenticity of the documents blah blah blah". None of the other networks will even mention it because they won't want to pile on their buddy Dan.

The only channel that will keep this story alive will be Fox News, and they'll be dismissed as conservative propaganda.

It's too bad. There's enough dirt on both candidates that you don't have to make something up to hammer one of them. If Dan and CBS did use forged documents, I hope he resigns in disgrace and there's a huge shakeup at CBS.

RunTheBall

If the documents are found to be legit, the story will stay around until the election

If the documents are found to be forgeries, the story will blow over quickly. They'll call it a blemish on a stellar career and blame it on some lower level researcher, intern, or other nameless, faceless, and maybe fictitious person

There are A LOT of questions with this......I don't think it's going away. What did Rather have to gain by this? Does he like Kerry, hate Kerry? Is he going to corrupt his own career? Is Rather a Patsie? Is Clinton behind this? Friggin hilarious!

Why did Rather only bring on a handwriting expert? One who has been involved with the Vince Foster suicide note? handwriting doesn't deteriorate?

There's much, much more involved here.....I figure we won't hear much till Monday, considering 9.11 and NFL Sunday.....IMO Rather is hanging himself.....it's fun to watch. And will Rather ever reveal his source?

Like Jimmy Griffin once told Brian Kahle on AM Buffalo......BRIAN, DO YOUR HOMEWORK!!!!

Well Dan Rather, you intellectually lazy old Dinosaur.....you shoulda done your homework too.....

Anyone catch CBS News last night? Sounds like ol Danno had some major shouting sessions! Losing your voice there Dan? LOL

:I starred in Brokeback Mountain: CBS :I starred in Brokeback Mountain: