A Critical Discussion of Bills Scouts post 2024 Playoff Loss

waterglass

I recall when McDermott showed up and he ran the show by himself. He brought in Poyer and Hyde. He pushed to draft Tredavious.  Both were home runs in my opinion. I also understand his drafting logic with defensive linemen, however I disagree with him to the extreme as undersize guys are undersize guys and that’s why nothing happened with the D line against Kansas City.

Anyway one cuts it, it’s always beef versus beef. However, assuming that he had at least 1/2 of his injured defensive players on Sunday they may have pulled it out so let’s move on to offense. 

Personally I thought it was foolish to draft Singletary and Moss. Two wasted high draft picks on undersized backs. Cook is way above them but all of a sudden he drops balls. I am still OK with him as it could be the 2nd year thing.  So let’s look at wide receiver. Outside of Kincade we have some nice guys but look at all the misfires over the years. Remember that tight end who dropped the Allen pass in Miami. How about the other tight end from Cincinnati. Benjamin? They didn’t know him? All blow outs. Zay Jones? 

We seem to have something amiss here on the receiver’s end of the scouts and Beane himself as they use years of players limited life spans by throwing wet paper towels at the wall until something sticks.

The issue is they waste several years doing so.  Sort of sounds like on the job training by Beane as there are just too many misses. 

Terry Pegula really needs to look at his show as Beane is also spending his millions of dollars on other misfires as it goes deep into the scouting system as established and structured by Beane. In my opinion he simply brings in substandard talent for the money that isn’t at the championship level. 

Out scouting department needs a shakeup. However, if Beane doesn’t see it he needs to leave and go away. 

This is all about Josh Allen, the City of Buffalo and Bills fans. 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.