2024 NFL Draft: Wide Receivers by the Numbers

DCOrange

Unfortunately it's time to shift gears to the NFL Draft, and I think we all agree WR has to be the #1 priority or close to it. I put together this spreadsheet looking at a lot of the premium data from PFF over the last two seasons to see how the WR class shapes up. There's a lot of different metrics in here and I'm happy to explain any that might not be super clear, but the main thing that I'm particularly looking for is a combination of high ADOT, high Target % Open, and high Targets/Pass Play; basically WRs that are running deep routes and also getting open a lot. As you'll notice, this isn't exactly an easy combination to find. Sorting by Target % Open, you have to go almost halfway down the list before you start hitting WRs with high ADOT. The guys that stand out in this regard is probably some combination of:

• Roman Wilson
  • Adonai Mitchell
  • Ladd McConkey
  • Brian Thomas Jr.
  • Troy Franklin
  • Brenden Rice

Amongst that group, Adonai Mitchell's catch % and Yards Per Route Run are both pretty bad (and doesn't check the targets/pass play box either). McConkey checks 2 out of 3 boxes with flying colors and kinda checks the other. Franklin checks 2 out of 3. Wilson, Thomas, and Rice are more iffy.

Anywho, figured some of you might like poking around the spreadsheet and maybe getting an idea of who you might want to research a little more.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/12pCgsJPa9X-jjNMOZ_exJTAEfxmZOeETzEm8SNkuXec/edit?usp=sharing

Edited by DCOrange

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.