Willis projected as high as 3rd best

Becuase of the situations of other players, I put him as #2.

Alexander: Very unhappy in Seattle. I'd give him a tie at 2 or 3

Holmes: Great when he's in, but he's breakable.

Jamal Lewis: Not getting too many reps down in Atlanta!

Fantasy props for the Bills D (rated 3, 5 and 1).

Travis made the Top 5 back-ups  :doh: .

356483[/snapback]

Shouldn't we trade him for a 4th or 5th round pick then.....lol

I do not put much into any fantasy football evaluation done pre-preseason...but...

I do think that almost everyone here would rather have Travis as a back up IF Willis actually went down with a season ending injury!

Interesting on Mcgahee. In a 10 team league, I'm picking 2nd. I like picking a RB with my 1st selection, typically. Assuming Tomlinson goes 1st overall, which back warrants the 2nd overall? Is Deuce, Alexander, Lewis, Portis, Holmes, James any better a selection 2nd overall than WM? I'm actually thinking of trading down several spots (6 or 7) with the oppurtunity to select my back and then pick earlier in the 2nd round with the ensueing trade. Thoughts?

Interesting on Mcgahee. In a 10 team league, I'm picking 2nd. I like picking a RB with my 1st selection, typically. Assuming Tomlinson goes 1st overall, which back warrants the 2nd overall? Is Deuce, Alexander, Lewis, Portis, Holmes, James any better a selection 2nd overall than WM? I'm actually thinking of trading down several spots (6 or 7) with the oppurtunity to select my back and then pick earlier in the 2nd round with the ensueing trade. Thoughts?

356765[/snapback]

when's your draft? things may change, but I would say Alexander. I'd say the back with the most promise is Julius Jones. I picked him up last year ON DRAFT DAY as my 4th RB (12 team league). I kept ahold of him even though he was injured. I knew that Parcels would make him a workhorse and I was right. I kept looking at his rushing attempts. Dude toted the rock more than any other back in the league down the stretch.

when's your draft? things may change, but I would say Alexander. I'd say the back with the most promise is Julius Jones. I picked him up last year ON DRAFT DAY as my 4th RB (12 team league). I kept ahold of him even though he was injured. I knew that Parcels would make him a workhorse and I was right. I kept looking at his rushing attempts. Dude toted the rock more than any other back in the league down the stretch.

356932[/snapback]

8/22 and 8/29 we draft. Nine rounds each night. We've done this the last few years. We like the idea of "regrouping" and coming back fresh the following week. Interesting to note, as you mention Jones, my thought would be to trade my #2 and #19 for the rights to someone's #7 and #14. This way I would feel confident procuring both Mcgahee and Jones. I agree with you, Jones should be studly. I just see "others" leaving the board earlier than him. The frosting on the cake is that my 3rd rounder comes around real quick. #22 overall. What a wonderful thing fantasy football!!! And thank you for your input!! Good luck to you!! ;)

8/22 and 8/29 we draft. Nine rounds each night. We've done this the last few years. We like the idea of "regrouping" and coming back fresh the following week. Interesting to note, as you mention Jones, my thought would be to trade my #2 and #19 for the rights to someone's #7 and #14. This way I would feel confident procuring both Mcgahee and Jones. I agree with you, Jones should be studly. I just see "others" leaving the board earlier than him. The frosting on the cake is that my 3rd rounder comes around real quick. #22 overall. What a wonderful thing fantasy football!!! And thank you for your input!! Good luck to you!!  ;)

356968[/snapback]

I like your drafting strategy. you shoul do well and get your guy and you'll be rocking.

I love draft parties. We have one big one the last week of Aug. Although, I may request that we have two like yours. Twice the drinking, twice the fun, and twice the ball busting.

I'm so ready! Good luck this season.

This brings up a question for me. Do you guys like to draft Bills on to your fantasy team? Personally I hate it because when they perform poorly it's like a double dagger into the heart. I try to avoid drafting Bills when putting together my fantasy team. Of course since Kelly & Co. it hasn't been much of a problem to not draft Bills offensive players onto a fantasy team. However, with this new generation of Bills offensive players it could be hard for me to turn down drafting some in the future.

This brings up a question for me.  Do you guys like to draft Bills on to your fantasy team?  Personally I hate it because when they perform poorly it's like a double dagger into the heart.  I try to avoid drafting Bills when putting together my fantasy team.  Of course since Kelly & Co. it hasn't been much of a problem to not draft Bills offensive players onto a fantasy team.  However, with this new generation of Bills offensive players it could be hard for me to turn down drafting some in the future.

357210[/snapback]

I had some rules that I have stuck by and they've done well for me. Not drafting Bills players is one of them, although I would take a couple. But it was always done as best available player type of deal at the time. I took Lee Evans as my last WR last year. It was a good move considering there was nobody left when I grabbed him in the 13th round. The year before, I had Travis Henry as my 3rd RB.

My other rule is to not invest too early on rookies.

This brings up a question for me.  Do you guys like to draft Bills on to your fantasy team?  Personally I hate it because when they perform poorly it's like a double dagger into the heart.  I try to avoid drafting Bills when putting together my fantasy team.  Of course since Kelly & Co. it hasn't been much of a problem to not draft Bills offensive players onto a fantasy team.  However, with this new generation of Bills offensive players it could be hard for me to turn down drafting some in the future.

357210[/snapback]

Good question! I have this discussion with league members every year. Typically, I shy away from it for the myriad of reasons you mentioned. However, the lure of WM is too strong to pass up. Every draft there is that one or two players you MUST have, right? Well, WM seems to be that guy. I try to disuade myself from that, but picking 2nd, I keep coming back to him. Look, If I were selecting 1st, LT would be my choice. 2nd overall? You could clearly argue others, but I don't know. I'm not sure others in my league are as "in tune" with what might be developing in Buffalo, that is why I'd like to trade out, still get my guy and then come around again with an earlier 2nd. I know I'm rambling, but does this make sense?

I had some rules that I have stuck by and they've done well for me. Not drafting Bills players is one of them, although I would take a couple. But it was always done as best available player type of deal at the time. I took Lee Evans as my last WR last year. It was a good move considering there was nobody left when I grabbed him in the 13th round. The year before, I had Travis Henry as my 3rd RB.

My other rule is to not invest too early on rookies.

357258[/snapback]

Nice. You look like a genius with the Evans pick. BTW, I'd draft LE before EM this year. You?

WM is still an relative unknown and will drop (unless you are picking with all buffalo fans).

If you want him, and have a high pick, trade down - you'll be sure to nab him out of the top 10.

WM is still an relative unknown and will drop (unless you are picking with all buffalo fans).

If you want him, and have a high pick, trade down - you'll be sure to nab him out of the top 10.

357289[/snapback]

I am the only BB fan. I have to admit, however, that the other 9 GM's are really pretty savvy. I'm certain WM is on the radar screen early. How early? We shall see.

357289[/snapback]

I doubt it. Most people I play with do their research. If you look around at fantasy sites and check out rankings and mock drafts, McGahee is averaging right around 5.

Even though he hasn't played that much, due to his injury and media coverage McGahee is a "name". There was also enough highlights of him last year to catch peoples attention. He won't be underestimated in real games or fantasy.

357289[/snapback]

I took WM in last's year draft in rd 14. He was in the starting lineup by wk 7. This is a semi-keeper league with a max of two protected players. I will be keeping WM as one of my protected players, as well as either Moss or Culpepper. I have already received trade offers for him (none from Bills fans either). People with enough football knowledge know he is going to be a solid RB.

Last 4 games of the 2004 season for Willis, Julius and Kevin

Last 4 Games 4 99 374 93.5 3.8 2 - Julius Jones

Last 4 Games 4 96 430 107.5 4.5 3 - Kevin Jones

Last 4 Games 4 71 311 77.8 4.4 6 - Willis Mcgahee

While Julius obviousilly had more carries. I'd take mcgahee over him based on td's. I'd also rank Kevin Jones above julius. Both Kevin and Willis have a better skill set than Julius, Julius is getting proped cause of the market he plays for. Kevin Jones was vastly superior to Julius last season imo as was willis.

last 4 games of wr's- evans, roy williams, michael clayton

Last 4 Games 4 19 289 72.3 15.2 60 - - 4 - lee evans

Last 4 Games 4 15 212 53.0 14.1 37 - - 3 - roy williams

Last 4 Games 4 19 350 87.5 18.4 75 - - 4 - michael clayton

If you're one of those people who follows trends in fantasy ball like I am I'd go with clayton over evans and williams. Whether or not you want to believe it evans fantasy value takes a drop due to losman being the starter this year. Starting over with a new qb and getting used to his tendancies and throwing style isn't easy.

The lions are stacked with uber weapons. If Rogers stays healthy is there really enough balls to go between charles rogers, roy williams, michael williams, kevin johnson, marcus pollard and kevin jones? I think the lions amount of offensive weapons will impact williams fantasy value in a negative way although he's still a damn good wr.

Michael Clayton returns with the same starting qb, same system, a new weapon in carnell williams. I believe because of the consistency factor he'll have better draft day value than evans or roy williams.