Bills vs. Packers scrimmage game

aussiew

Is anyone out there going to Green Bay for this?

I'm amazed!!!I just checked on hotels yesterday and it's ridiculous! A couple at $200-$300 per night. The reasonably priced ones are all full. Have to stay over in Appleton.

I also found that it seems to be cheaper to fly in to Milwaukee, rent a car and drive up to Green Bay (2.5 hours). Not a bad idea...that part of the country is absolutely beautiful in early August.

Of course, if there any local Bills fans with an extra bedroom, I wouldn't be too proud to beg. :(

I'm going! :( I'll be going with my inlaws and my wife (and possibly wife's brother and his wife and baby). Can't wait. ;)

I'd offer you a place to stay, but we're staying with her parents. There's more to do in Appleton anyway. ;)

What seats did you get? We're in section 129, row 5 if I recall.

CW

Not sure yet. Taterhill got them for me online because I was too busy drinking Labatt's at the Ralph last Saturday when they went on sale. They're in the mail. I'll PM you when I know. Are you tailgating?

Not sure yet. Taterhill got them for me online because I was too busy drinking Labatt's at the Ralph last Saturday when they went on sale. They're in the mail. I'll PM you when I know. Are you tailgating?

355119[/snapback]

No idea yet. Probably not, but we'll see.

CW

THEY SOLD OUT IN THREE HOURS - AMAZING!

Can't wait to walk into that stadium again with Bills colors on.

"Tickets for the fifth 'Packers Family Night, Presented by FOX 11' sold out in approximately three hours after going on sale at 10 a.m. Saturday.

This year's event, which will take place Aug. 5 at Lambeau Field, will mark the second time the Packers sold every available seat in the stadium bowl.

"Packers fans again responded with great enthusiasm," said Packers Executive Vice President/COO John Jones. "We're very thankful for the level of interest we witnessed today and are excited about this year's edition of Family Night, which includes a scrimmage with the Buffalo Bills. We look forward to seeing the stands filled with excited families this August."

Included in the evening's activities, per custom, will be the popular "Shirt Off Our Back," with approximately 20 jerseys -- all of which will have been worn by Packers players in the just-completed scrimmage -- to be given away in a random drawing, other entertainment and a spectacular fireworks show to conclude the night. "

Included in the evening's activities, per custom, will be the popular "Shirt Off Our Back," with approximately 20 jerseys -- all of which will have been worn by Packers players in the just-completed scrimmage -- to be given away in a random drawing,

355168[/snapback]

What are the chances we can contact someone in the Bills brass and have them raffle off Bills' jerseys to Bills fans... We can each score 10-20 of them! :(

I'm only partially kidding...

CW

• 1 month later...
No idea yet.  Probably not, but we'll see.

CW

355129[/snapback]

Wait a minute, you call yourself a Bills Fan from western NY, and the Love Canal to be more accurate, and this is your answer. Going to a Bills game and not tailgating at probably the most famous stadium in the country for tailgating. Come on Bro!!!!!!!

You should be permanetly banned from all Bills discussions if this so ;)

Wait a minute, you call yourself a Bills Fan from western NY, and the Love Canal to be more accurate, and this is your answer. Going to a Bills game and not tailgating at probably the most famous stadium in the country for tailgating. Come on Bro!!!!!!!

You should be permanetly banned from all Bills discussions if this so ;)

385242[/snapback]

Hey, I tailgated before the Bills/Packers game in '02, December, in the game that Brett Favre himself said was probably the coldest and windiest game he ever played in!

Besides, this is "Family Fun Night," so I don't think the tailgating is going to be quite on par with what it normally is in Lambeau (although I could be wrong...).

:w00t:

CW

Hey, I tailgated before the Bills/Packers game in '02, December, in the game that Brett Favre himself said was probably the coldest and windiest game he ever played in!

Besides, this is "Family Fun Night," so I don't think the tailgating is going to be quite on par with what it normally is in Lambeau (although I could be wrong...).

;)

CW

385278[/snapback]

Still, Ya just gotta fire up some brats and wash er down with some Old Style in the lot(is old style there or just in Chicago?)

"Losman will get the benefit of working in front of more than 60,000 fans on Family Night, which is August 5 at Lambeau Field. Traditionally, the event has consisted of an intrasquad scrimmage or regular practice, but with the Bills in town, the two teams will be able to measure themselves against an opponent in a gamelike setting. "

Correction - 59,996 Packers fans and 4 Bills fans.

:lol: