Verba Officially Free

must not be, haven't seen any "i've heard of him" posts

354766[/snapback]

http://snap.stats.com/stats/nflinfo/playerstats.asp?id=3920

This guy is a penalty and sack allowing machine. The reason Cleveland signed Shelton had noting to do with Verba, other then Shelton is a huge upgrade. As bad as folks think Shelton is bad, Verba flat out sucks. He was run out of Green Bay on a rail. Hell if he didn't sneak out in the middle of the night they would have tarred and feathered him. He averages more than one mistake per game. Compare that to guys like Jennings or Shelton who are half that.

must not be, haven't seen any "i've heard of him" posts

354766[/snapback]

I'VE HEARD OF HIM!!! :)

He allowed less than a hand full of tackles last year and was injury free. He's a good to very good career starting LT. There would be no drop off between him and Jonas Jennings. Combined with the upgrade to Bennie Anderson at LG and I think we'll finally have a solid offensive line.

I'VE HEARD OF HIM!!!  :)

He allowed less than a hand full of tackles last year and was injury free. He's a good to very good career starting LT. There would be no drop off between him and Jonas Jennings. Combined with the upgrade to Bennie Anderson at LG and I think we'll finally have a solid offensive line.

354770[/snapback]

What? Read the stats again. This guy has given up a combined 26 penalties and sacks in the last two years. That is a little better then his career stats and far worse on average then Gandy, Shelton or Jennings.

He is basically on par with Pucillo.

Ummm..... Verba isn't that good.

354765[/snapback]

Can he be coached to be better? No sarcasm, Look at New England. Have they not taken average players and made them great because of the system? I'm the first to admit I have not watched alot or if any of Verba. It just seems like at times the Dead Horse gets beat more than once, but 30 to 40 times. Christ, an all pro would get ripping here at times.

Not saying you VA, please dont take this post like that. :)

Can he be coached to be better? No sarcasm, Look at New England. Have they not taken average players and made them great because of the system? I'm the first to admit I have not watched alot or if any of Verba. It just seems like at times the Dead Horse gets beat more than once, but 30 to 40 times. Christ, an  all pro would get ripping here at times.

Not saying you VA, please dont take this post like that. :)

354774[/snapback]

This guy has had great Oline coaching in Green Bay. You ever watch them, they have had a pretty decent line. This guy didn't get it there and was run out of town. He sucks. Period. I would feel better with Pucillo playing LT than this guy.

This guy has had great Oline coaching in Green Bay.  You ever watch them, they have had a pretty decent line.  This guy didn't get it there and was run out of town.  He sucks.  Period.  I would feel better with Pucillo playing LT than this guy.

354776[/snapback]

I've alway respected yours and Mark VI's opinion on line issues on the Bill's and in the NFL, Thanks.

I'll pay more attention this year. I've been a little busy lately :)

Well, if he's free I see no reason why we shouldn't pick him up....I wouldn't spend any money on him though....if he can make Schobel look like an All-Pro.....and he was displaced by a guy the Bills already passed on...