Pete Prisco's Top 50 players

I hate it when this argument comes up.  Last time I checked, there are 10 other guys on the field at the same time as the QB, not to mention the other 11 guys out there when the team doesn't have the ball.  Crazy thought, but those guys influence the outcome of the game too.  Of all the mainstream team sports here in the US, I'd have to say football is the biggest team sport.  I know I phrased that poorly, but what I'm saying is that an idividual performance will have a greater impact in baseball, hockey or basketball than it does in football.

I believe that Manning is the better quarterback.  Brady plays on a better team with a better system.

354436[/snapback]

I think both are great quarterbacks, but I feel that if we swapped the players, Manning would be more likely to succeed in New England than Brady in Indianapolis.

OK. So none of us agree with this list. So what Bills were unjustly left off?

Because....

Let him hear it.

I think Takeo should have been at least 15 spots higher. And I would have liked to see McGahee make it, but I understand why he didn't.

354407[/snapback]

Mcgahee not right now even though If I made a top 50 list I'd put him on it but I can see why Prisco wouldn't. Takeo should've been a lot higher. The guys a play maker. I think if you want to make a case for other bills to be on this list.

London Fletcher is a good place to start. The guy averages 130 tackles a year for the past 8 years averages 3 sacks a season is a sideline to sideline backer defensive captain and imo a demon on st's. I'd definitly have him over Al Wilson. While Al Wilson is a solid mlb on a good defense I don't think he makes near the impact that London Fletcher makes, nor can he sniff Fletchers tackle totals.

Nate Clements might be another good case

Nate Clements also has a career average 4.5 int's a year and 60 tackles a season. Last year had 6 ints and 5 forced fumbles better than corners Champ Bailey who averages 3.5 ints a year and 70 tackles 3 int's last season and no forced fumbles and Chris Mcallister who averages 2.5 int's a year 30 tackles and has no forced fumbles in his career.

Clements/Fletcher would definitly be the most legit cases in my opinion

Think of it this way, ... by straight odds, there should be less than 2 players per team on the list, some will have 2, some will have 1 -- again, understanding 32 teams and 50 spots.

Takeo that low? Probably not, there are a bunch that he should be listed above. Of course, there are probably some that didn't make the list that should be above TS. It's a subjective list and it shows that a team full of "great players" (Ravens) don't necessarily do great things.